Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CC!
Hi. I'm Candice.
I have applied for Veterinary Nursing.
Undergraduate.
No offer made currently. (Only submitted UCAS yesterday - 20/10/19 though!)
Yes I am attending an open day in November.

Couple of questions;
If I were to study and complete the FDSC Veterinary Nursing course and then do the BSC top up year; would this be exactly the same as doing the full BSC course?
In addition to the cost of the student fees and the accommodation/living costs, what other fees are required during the course? For example for necessary equipment and text books.

Thank you.

Hi Candice

If you were to complete the foundation degree and the top up year you would receive the same qualification (BSc Hons) as the completing the full course, yes :smile:

In terms of other fees, most study modules will recommend one or more core textbooks, which most students choose to purchase, however we have a good supply of these essential textbooks available in the University libraries.

As part of the course, you will be expected to undertake a work placement where you will be expected to pay for accommodation, travel and living costs.

While we aim to keep any extra study costs to a minimum, I would recommend checking out our page on additional costs and optional extras to find out about any additional expenses that may come up.

I hope that helps

Felix
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Zaiii
Course- Social Work

Undergraduate

Offer made- Nothing at all, not even a confirmation that my application was received

Are you coming to an open day- most likely

Any questions that you would like to ask- how long do you think it will take to hear something back, i sent my application off on 10/10/19 and now i'm worried that i’ve heard nothing back

Hi!

The admissions team are looking to start processing decisions within the next week - If you haven’t heard back from us by mid-October I would suggest contact the University directly and we’ll look in to it.

Best of luck :smile:

Felix
Original post by brownwc
Course?
BSc Audio and Music Technology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate?
Undergraduate
Offer made?
No
Are you coming to an open day?
Yes, in November
Any questions that you would like to ask?

Are there any work opportunities available for students through the university?

Hi :smile:

Getting practical experience is something NTU are passionate about. We have dedicated employability teams to help you get the experience you need - whether it be going out on placement, volunteering, or even studying abroad.

Check out our work experience pages for more information.

Best of luck - any questions just let me know!

Felix

If you have relevant employment experience and/or other relevant qualifications your application will be considered. It looks like your have both so hopefully that will give you a good chance of being accepted.

Best of luck!

Felix
Hi, I’m Holly!

1. I’ve applied for undergraduate English and Philosophy joint honours.
2. I’m awaiting a response.
3. I’m booked in for the 30th of November!
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi!

2020 applications are now open for entry. The deadlines are 15 January for EU students and 30 June for non-EU students.

You can read up on more information about how to apply on our website but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch :smile:

Thanks

Felix

hi, I applied on october 11th for vet nursing and just wondered roughly how long will it take to hear back regarding an offer or interview?
Course? Business management & marketing

Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergraduate

Offer made? Not yet

Are you coming to an open day? Yes

Any questions that you would like to ask? How long does it take to receive an offer or acknowledgement email as I haven't received anything? Thank you.
Original post by Imogen.Andrews
hi, I applied on october 11th for vet nursing and just wondered roughly how long will it take to hear back regarding an offer or interview?

Hi Imogen

Our admissions team have now started processing applications so you should hear back within 1 - 2 weeks.

Best of luck :smile:

Felix
Original post by Anonymous

Offer made? Not yet

Any questions that you would like to ask? How long does it take to receive an offer or acknowledgement email as I haven't received anything? Thank you.

Our admissions team have now started processing applications so you should hear back within 1 - 2 weeks.

Good luck!

Felix
Course?
Computer Systems (Cyber Security)

Undergraduate

Offer made?

Nothing yet

Does Nottingham T. ever send emails or anything to acknowledge that they've recieved my application? My four other Unis have and I'm not sure if I need to be worried lmao. Also, does Nottingham T. have their own tracking portal sort of thing for applicants?

Edit: Should have read the reply above before asking lmao.

Edit 2: Do you guys have a discord server or anything for the university?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sadboiie
Course?
Computer Systems (Cyber Security)

Undergraduate

Offer made?

Nothing yet

Does Nottingham T. ever send emails or anything to acknowledge that they've recieved my application? My four other Unis have and I'm not sure if I need to be worried lmao. Also, does Nottingham T. have their own tracking portal sort of thing for applicants?

Edit: Should have read the reply above before asking lmao.

Edit 2: Do you guys have a discord server or anything for the university?

Hi

We have an online workplace called NOW - you can also use it to manage your course information such as lecture notes, module booklets and assignments and it also lets you send messages directly to other users, so you can communicate with coursemates, tutors and study groups.

I hope that answers your question :smile:

Felix
Reply 31
282EACFB-5FBF-412F-B6CD-53430DF0EB63.png
Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2020 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course?

Offer made?

Good luck with your application!

Felix - NTU Rep

Hey i have applied for the Msc. Finance and Investment Banking for September 2020 on 16th October and I haven't received any feedback from the admissions office. Please help me out so that I can know whether i should look at other options
Original post by tacobeth
Course? BSc Psychology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergrad
Offer made? I’ll update this later on
Are you coming to an open day? Wish I could, but unfortunately can’t
Any questions that you would like to ask? How large are the class sizes?

Same! Open day was really good, have you looked at the course structure online? not as much research methods (thank god!)
Original post by emilylofty
Same! Open day was really good, have you looked at the course structure online? not as much research methods (thank god!)

not ashamed to admit that was one of the reasons why I chose it 😂 the course structure for NTU is probably the one that has the most modules I liked compared to my other 4 choices, the third year options are a blessing compared to the others lmao I’d love to do parapsychology
Original post by Anonymous

Offer made? Not yet

hey if you recieve an offer can you let me know and furthermore what were ur subjects and predcited grades? thanks
Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2020 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course?

Offer made?

Good luck with your application!

Felix - NTU Rep

Hi i'm Duran
Course? Mechanical Engineering

Offer made? Yes i received a conditional offer a few days ago ( but it states that it changes to unconditional if i make the uni my firm choice)

Are you coming to an open day? Went to one during march, but will attend the offer holder day whenever that day is

Any questions that you would like to ask? Yes, i'm wondering if the timetable for the course would be shown during offer day and i was wondering when the prices for the accommodation would be released for 2020/21?
Hi!! I’m Evie!
Course? Psychology Bsc
Offer made? Unconditional :smile:
Are you coming to an open day? Been and loved it!!
Any questions that you would like to ask? What accommodation is most popular for my course?
xxx
Hi I'm Charlotte and I'm from the Isle of man! I applied to two courses at NTU as it is one of my top choices.

Course? Business Law (LLB) and Law with Business (LLB)

Offer made? I have applied for Business Law and Law with Business and got conditionals for both! Woo hoo!

Are you coming to an open day? This month I am travelling with my mum to NTU!

Any questions that you would like to ask? Is there a choice to do a language alongside your degree? Because I'm studying Spanish at A-Level and would like to continue it at uni to progress further.

Thanks!:biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Heyy whoever reads this

Course?
Business Management/Marketing and French

Undergraduate

Offer made?
I've got majority of the application done, just need a few opinions and reads and such. So not yet clearly.

I can't :frown: I'm beside the UK, not in it..

Questions I have:
- Q. How soon will I get a reply from unis as soon as I apply?

- Q. What are the estimated costs of living on average per week?

-Q. Is there any joint courses available? I would like to study Business along with French. And do points increase for joint courses if they are available?

-And last question! To study Business; Since we don't have UCAS points here, what grades would be required?

Any Business-y (management, marketing) applying for 2020, Hmu!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending