Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone applying for sociology??
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hey I’m Lucy, I received an unconditional offer (if it is my firm choice, which it is) for biomedical science and I will be coming on saturday!

Let me know if anyone else is doing biomedical science, haven’t found anyone yet!
Course? biological sciences

Undergraduate/Postgraduate?undergrad

Offer made? not yet

Are you coming to an open day? hopefully if I get an offer I’ll go on a post offer day

Any questions that you would like to ask? not really!

Fran
Original post by evie_walker22
Hi! So yeah I’ve just accepted mine! Have you heard anything from the university?? X

Hey, I got a response from them saying it had changed to unconditional on UCAS, a couple weeks after I accepted it and that's all I've heard so far. now I'm just waiting for student loans to open in February and 2020 accommodation info to open and just everything else really.:smile: I'm just gonna focus on my exams now. oh ye are you gonna go to one of those undergraduate offer holder open days that's on the Nottingham Trent website. x
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I got a response from them saying it had changed to unconditional on UCAS, a couple weeks after I accepted it and that's all I've heard so far. now I'm just waiting for student loans to open in February and 2020 accommodation info to open and just everything else really.:smile: I'm just gonna focus on my exams now. oh ye are you gonna go to one of those undergraduate offer holder open days that's on the Nottingham Trent website. x

Yeah I’m gonna try to go are you? My UCAS hasn’t updated yet ahhh!! xxx
Yeah I’m gonna try to go are you? My UCAS hasn’t updated yet ahhh!! xxx

Ye I'm Definitely gonna try go to one, I'm only in Bolton, about 2 and half hours away so not too far, hahah xx I'm sure it'll update soon, when I was waiting for mine, it literally felt like it took forever. But they finally did it so it fine haha:h: xx
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2020 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course?

Undergraduate/Postgraduate?

Offer made?

Are you coming to an open day?

Any questions that you would like to ask?

Good luck with your application!

Felix - NTU Rep

Hello, I'm Tabitha.

Course? Biomedical sciences

Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergraduate

Offer made? Not yet, sent my application on November 27th

Are you coming to an open day? Nope

Any questions that you would like to ask? What's student life, besides lectures?
Original post by lucycharlotte12
Hey I’m Lucy, I received an unconditional offer (if it is my firm choice, which it is) for biomedical science and I will be coming on saturday!

Let me know if anyone else is doing biomedical science, haven’t found anyone yet!

I'm hoping to study biomedical sciences! Waiting for a reply from them
Original post by Tabithaaaxo
I'm hoping to study biomedical sciences! Waiting for a reply from them

Oh awesome, let me know when you get a reply! Are they your firm or insurance choice or further down the list? :smile:
Original post by lucycharlotte12
Oh awesome, let me know when you get a reply! Are they your firm or insurance choice or further down the list? :smile:

Not too sure yet. They have the highest grade boundaries out of the unis I've applied to, so they'd be my firm if they were one of the two I narrowed it down to. I'm visiting the area soon hopefully, so I'll decide fully then
Reply 70
Hey Ryan,
What were your predict grades?

Original post by jsmith17
Hi, I'm Ryan
Course: Business

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made: Unconditional!!!

Are you coming to an open day: I have already been to on
Not a question but as I will most likely be putting NTU as my firm choice, I'll hopefully see some of you there!
Hey I'm Rachela

Course? Psychology

Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergrad

Offer made? Not yet, hopefully sending my application off next week

Are you coming to an open day? Went to one yesterday

Any questions that you would like to ask? I've read some negative things on the uni's reputation online, is it really that bad? I liked it at the open day in terms of people, lecturers, the city but am worried that it's not as good as it looks based on people's opinions online

Thankyouu
Original post by rachelalanc
Hey I'm Rachela

Course? Psychology

Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergrad

Offer made? Not yet, hopefully sending my application off next week

Are you coming to an open day? Went to one yesterday

Any questions that you would like to ask? I've read some negative things on the uni's reputation online, is it really that bad? I liked it at the open day in terms of people, lecturers, the city but am worried that it's not as good as it looks based on people's opinions online

Thankyouu

Hi rachela, although I'm not a student, i have made my firm choice as NTU and have not seen its bad reputation online as you say, even after searching through many review sights. I did see that in the past years (3 or more years ago) it was badly reputable but they seem to have come back on top with 5* across the board. Maybe i could suggest looking at the dates of the reviews that you've seen.
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2020 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course?

Undergraduate/Postgraduate?

Offer made?

Are you coming to an open day?

Good luck with your application!

Felix - NTU Rep

Hi, I’m Luciana!

Course - Fashion Marketing and Branding (got unconditional offers for Fashion Management, Fashion Marketing and Branding and Fashion Communication and Promotion, but after visiting the open day I feel like I made my choice.

Offer made? Unconditional (all 3)

Are you coming to an open day? I went yesterday (Nov 29th) It was lovely, people super friendly, good atmosphere, loved nottingham city aswell, quite close to the city.

Any Qs to ask? Is it possible to join a sports club and a society or a couple societies or would it be too much? And i’m thinking about sandby halls because it’s cheaper than byron and gill street but it’s still on city campus, any experiences with that because it says you’ll be living with 12/13 sharing a kitchen.

would love to chat to people aswell who are applying to going 2020
Original post by lucianapeck48
Hi, I’m Luciana!

Course - Fashion Marketing and Branding (got unconditional offers for Fashion Management, Fashion Marketing and Branding and Fashion Communication and Promotion, but after visiting the open day I feel like I made my choice.

Offer made? Unconditional (all 3)

Are you coming to an open day? I went yesterday (Nov 29th) It was lovely, people super friendly, good atmosphere, loved nottingham city aswell, quite close to the city.

Any Qs to ask? Is it possible to join a sports club and a society or a couple societies or would it be too much? And i’m thinking about sandby halls because it’s cheaper than byron and gill street but it’s still on city campus, any experiences with that because it says you’ll be living with 12/13 sharing a kitchen.

would love to chat to people aswell who are applying to going 2020

Hi!!
I’m joining in 2020, I accepted my unconditional for psychology, you got 3 unconditionals that’s amazing!! xx
Original post by jsmith17
Hi rachela, although I'm not a student, i have made my firm choice as NTU and have not seen its bad reputation online as you say, even after searching through many review sights. I did see that in the past years (3 or more years ago) it was badly reputable but they seem to have come back on top with 5* across the board. Maybe i could suggest looking at the dates of the reviews that you've seen.

Hey, yeah you're probably right I kind of just wanted to check because I didn't get a bad vibe at the open day or anything so I was confused as to the reviews but you're right it looks like its got better over the past couple years so thankuu
Reply 76
Hiii I'm Holly :smile:

I've applied to:

Business management & marketing (sandwich)
(Undergrad)

Offer made? Literally sent off my application half an hour ago so nope!

Are you coming to an open day? Been to one, loved it.

Question: Do unconditional offers typically get given to Access to HE students?

Thanks!
Hi!!
I’m joining in 2020, I accepted my unconditional for psychology, you got 3 unconditionals that’s amazing!! xx

yes i was undecided so i applied for all 3 courses haha!, amazing, have you thought about which accommodation you wanna go for? xx
Original post by lucianapeck48
yes i was undecided so i applied for all 3 courses haha!, amazing, have you thought about which accommodation you wanna go for? xx

I’ve been looking, at the moment I like the look of Byron, have you? xx
Course: Business management with Accounting and Finance
Predicted grades: AAC
Also applying at: York, Northumbria, Huddersfield & YSJ
Currently studying: Business, Psychology and Biology
Offer: Nah, anyone got one for the course yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending