JohnnySampson45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

I have 2 questions hopefully you guys could help me with,

I was contacted by my recruiter 2 weeks ago about putting me on an RAF reg selection course, I replied saying I was flexible for whatever date but since haven't heard back on been given a date for my course. Is this normal or should I chase this up?

(As a follow up would anyone know the selection stages that come after the RRSC?)

Secondly, should I get my driving license before I join? I have passed my theory test but heard the RAF will teach you how to drive, which would save me a lot of money.

Thanks for any help.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JohnnySampson45)
Hi all,

I have 2 questions hopefully you guys could help me with,

I was contacted by my recruiter 2 weeks ago about putting me on an RAF reg selection course, I replied saying I was flexible for whatever date but since haven't heard back on been given a date for my course. Is this normal or should I chase this up?

(As a follow up would anyone know the selection stages that come after the RRSC?)

Secondly, should I get my driving license before I join? I have passed my theory test but heard the RAF will teach you how to drive, which would save me a lot of money.

Thanks for any help.
Hi

Your AFCO will contact you when they have a date for you, keep checking your candidate portal in case it's been sent to you via that.

It's up to you whether you do your driving test before you join. You'll only be put through your test if it's needed as part of the role, which it may be in the Regt, but not guranteed. Either way you can do it after you've joined and gone through all of your training and have time etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
JohnnySampson45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

Your AFCO will contact you when they have a date for you, keep checking your candidate portal in case it's been sent to you via that.

It's up to you whether you do your driving test before you join. You'll only be put through your test if it's needed as part of the role, which it may be in the Regt, but not guranteed. Either way you can do it after you've joined and gone through all of your training and have time etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Thanks Adam, I appreciate the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.21%
Not great so far... (255)
35.76%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.79%

Watched Threads