ujabri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know academic achievement is not the only aspect of an application taken into account BUT I also know that I need to meet the first year entry requirements to transfer. Is this good enough for an AAA course?
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ujabri)
I know academic achievement is not the only aspect of an application taken into account BUT I also know that I need to meet the first year entry requirements to transfer. Is this good enough for an AAA course?
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*
Up to the med school to use their discretion, some might say yes and others not.
Isnt what we think its what they think.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*
They really have no subject requirements to transfer into a medicine course?

Typically no that would not be ok but just ask them.
ujabri
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Up to the med school to use their discretion, some might say yes and others not.
Isnt what we think its what they think.
Oh my god what??? Why’d this get moved to the medicine forum I was asking for politics 😭😭
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh my god what??? Why’d this get moved to the medicine forum I was asking for politics 😭😭
The answer is still the same. You dont match exactly what they want because you have the grade C. Just like anyone else who fails to meet an AAA entry requirement, then someone who falls below relies on the unis discretion. The difference you will have in your favour will be excellent first year results and possibly going to an excellent uni. Talk to them.
ujabri
Rep:
?
The answer is still the same. You dont match exactly what they want because you have the grade C. Just like anyone else who fails to meet an AAA entry requirement, then someone who falls below relies on the unis discretion. The difference you will have in your favour will be excellent first year results and possibly going to an excellent uni. Talk to them.
Thank you. Do you think they’d look down on my application if i resat?
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you. Do you think they’d look down on my application if i resat?
Again you keep asking my opinion when it falls within the discretion of someone else. Different unis have different policies on resits. Imo they tend not to punish as severely , except elite unis may raise the offer. Talk to admissions of your target uni and see what they say.
ujabri
Rep:
?
Again you keep asking my opinion when it falls within the discretion of someone else. Different unis have different policies on resits. Imo they tend not to punish as severely , except elite unis may raise the offer. Talk to admissions of your target uni and see what they say.
That’s why I said ‘do you think...’ but thank you regardless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise