The Student Room Group

Tuition fee inquiry

So, I have a first degree from an overseas university, which I didn't use SfE for.

If I were to apply to University of Manchester (2020) to study an MSci in Neuroscience (3L47) would I be eligible for a tuitions fee loan?
Original post by jbgj
So, I have a first degree from an overseas university, which I didn't use SfE for.

If I were to apply to University of Manchester (2020) to study an MSci in Neuroscience (3L47) would I be eligible for a tuitions fee loan?

Hi there,

I can see that this degree is an integrated master's, what was your previous degree?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
a BA in English.
Reply 3
I might add that I am a British citizen despite this degree.
Further, would Neuroscience classify as a biological science? as per the rules around SfE eligibility:

"You may also get limited funding if you hold an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and start a part-time Honours degree, joint Honours degree or Integrated Master’s degree in one of the following (or 2 if it’s a joint Honours degree):

engineering
computer science
technologies
medicine and allied subjects
biological sciences
agriculture and related subjects
physical sciences
mathematical sciences"
Original post by jbgj
I might add that I am a British citizen despite this degree.
Further, would Neuroscience classify as a biological science? as per the rules around SfE eligibility:

"You may also get limited funding if you hold an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and start a part-time Honours degree, joint Honours degree or Integrated Master’s degree in one of the following (or 2 if it’s a joint Honours degree):

engineering
computer science
technologies
medicine and allied subjects
biological sciences
agriculture and related subjects
physical sciences
mathematical sciences"

So this course would attract funding for part time study, but does not qualify as a pre-registration Allied Health Professional course meaning you would not receive full funding for it as a second degree. What you quoted above are part of the STEM courses which are exclusively part time.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Nihad
So this course would attract funding for part time study, but does not qualify as a pre-registration Allied Health Professional course meaning you would not receive full funding for it as a second degree. What you quoted above are part of the STEM courses which are exclusively part time.

Regards,
Nihad

OK, thanks for your expertise Nihad.
Original post by jbgj
OK, thanks for your expertise Nihad.

You're welcome, let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending