The Student Room Group

Do you read your student newspaper?

I'm just about to go into my third year at uni and will be a senior editor for my student newspaper (Newcastle Uni's "Courier"). We really need more readership from students this year and are trying to work out the best ways to encourage this.

If you are at uni right now/when you were, I want to know:

- do you read your student newspaper?
- do you friends read it?
- what kind of headline/images encourage you to pick up your student newspaper?
- are there any other suggestions about how your paper could be improved?

I think it's so important to have a student paper that is widely read- it's such a nice way to unite all the students. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by EllaWelly
I'm just about to go into my third year at uni and will be a senior editor for my student newspaper (Newcastle Uni's "Courier"). We really need more readership from students this year and are trying to work out the best ways to encourage this.

If you are at uni right now/when you were, I want to know:

- do you read your student newspaper?
- do you friends read it?
- what kind of headline/images encourage you to pick up your student newspaper?
- are there any other suggestions about how your paper could be improved?

I think it's so important to have a student paper that is widely read- it's such a nice way to unite all the students. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :smile:

Thanks!

Did and have. You need to id your market and why they might read it.

News.
Advice that affects or benefits the student.
Quirky articles.
Well written interesting articles.
Dont be overtly political or too right on imo and remember theres a kind of silent majority who arent on the SU committee.
Dont forget the under-represented groups.
Seems these days the TAB has taken over.

Look at other publications for quirky articles. You can also use tsr for ideas about student concerns.
Hopefully you have a pool of good journo students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending