Gracekyei
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So i’ve started year 12 after I did 6 months of year 11 I don’t even know how I get into sixth firm cuz I’ve failed maths and English but I passed Italian which is my mother language with a 9 and I’ve got a 3/4 in Science trilogy so know I wanted to do law and become a lawyer at first but obviously my level is to low for that so I’ve switched to business so now I’m doing a business course BTEC and later mi head teacher told that if I want to enter in the uni I need to reseat my English and maths exams obviously and the problem now is that I don’t why I haven’t started yet this famous business course and I haven’t done business ever sin I’m scared and I don’t want to regreat my choice so now I’m waiting for them to tell me something about my situation but I’ve seen that the business course is only once a week and they didn’t even listened to my other subjects chooses so I don’t now what to do now why they are making me wait? And also if I changed my mind after starti the course are they gonna make me switch into another course or is too late? If I failed the BTEC course can I still make it to uni?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gracekyei)
So i’ve started year 12 after I did 6 months of year 11 I don’t even know how I get into sixth firm cuz I’ve failed maths and English but I passed Italian which is my mother language with a 9 and I’ve got a 3/4 in Science trilogy so know I wanted to do law and become a lawyer at first but obviously my level is to low for that so I’ve switched to business so now I’m doing a business course BTEC and later mi head teacher told that if I want to enter in the uni I need to reseat my English and maths exams obviously and the problem now is that I don’t why I haven’t started yet this famous business course and I haven’t done business ever sin I’m scared and I don’t want to regreat my choice so now I’m waiting for them to tell me something about my situation but I’ve seen that the business course is only once a week and they didn’t even listened to my other subjects chooses so I don’t now what to do now why they are making me wait? And also if I changed my mind after starti the course are they gonna make me switch into another course or is too late? If I failed the BTEC course can I still make it to uni?
Your post doesnt make much sense.

If you want to go to uni then you will need English and Maths.

It isnt clear why you only did 6 months of year 11.

It would seem to me better if you did year 11 again so you could get your GCSE in order.
It seems a mistake to move you to level 3 when your level 2 GCSE need sorting out?

If you want to be a lawyer then realise it is very competitive. You dont need specific subjects, although one essay subject is handy. What you need are good grades.

You should speak with your schools career adviser as it doesnt seem clear to me you are ready for level 3 and if you arent, theres no point failing it when you might do better if you pass level two first?

I assume you are some sort of international or refugee?

If you fail the btec course you wont get into uni because they require level 3 qualifications and the better the grades then the more chance you have. What they are choosing to do with you is not what I would suggest. It makes more sense to do level 2. maybe pre access course at college, then go back to sixth form when you had done that properly. Pre access courses are 2-5GCSE done in a year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads