Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Watch
Yazz92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Alice did everything go okay?
Hollahallo
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Did you get work?
billyjane2332
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m in the same position as you I went to a shoot last week and payed £500 as well as signing to pay direct debit for the next 4 months for my portfolio, did you ever get your pictures ????
Pabzypabz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve just received the call - has anybody had any jobs thanks
Seany le Sean
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
have you got any work from them yet?
Pabzypabz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well I sacked them off anyway it doesn’t seem right the website is ****e had spelling mistakes so up to you but I wouldn’t and I work in the tv and film industry . Good luck
LindaKovacs
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pearl_25)
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.
(Original post by Twinkletoes50)
Hi...I've just had a call from identity management today and they've asked me to go for a shoot next Thursday inSoho...the address they're sending me is genuine....is this a scam? Louis sounded very convincing but I need to know as I'm traveling from Newcastle
Hi,I went to their photo shoot,paid for the portfolio (£600), got the pics and a 'model manager' Aiden who doesn't do ****!!! It was 17/01 and since then all help I've got from him is a list of things i have to do he can't help me set up new email address,social network profile,etc.,i have to chase other agencies,open calls or what's that called. He never mentioned the model licence costs £550 what the agencies ask for (they need the licence number)! Today I've got a recommendation of TMMC...
I signed up to Instagram,using my pics from my portfolio, started to follow legit agencies and one contacted me,saying they're interested in my portfolio. I checked their website,all real,official details r there,email address,phone numbers,names,insta acct everything. Now I'm in contact with them and will see how it will turn out..
charliebl
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pearl_25)
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.

I dunno about these guys in particular, but there are loads of scam companies out there so be super careful!!
Shayneli
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I also just got a call today, it was from Kurban. I paid the £50 deposit Today however now reading all these messages I am not interested in attending , do you think I can just call them and get my £50 back or do I have to attend the shoot
Winifred Momah
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Identity management company is a scam they scammed me of 1,640 for photos connected to tmmc another scam that collected 120 for registration fees then to another scammer named Paul Morgan who also scammed me of 150 as registration fees I’m broke as hell now please beware guys
Hammerheadz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Don't believe this person/bot/employee
jotheasmiff
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
did you get any work???
jotheasmiff
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I only ask as my daughter has got to this stage i don't want to build her hopes unnecessarily & as a pro photographer i know the sharks are there in the system & i wanted to believe this company were good they even spoke to my daughter which made me feel they were one of the more genuine ones...
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jotheasmiff)
I only ask as my daughter has got to this stage i don't want to build her hopes unnecessarily & as a pro photographer i know the sharks are there in the system & i wanted to believe this company were good they even spoke to my daughter which made me feel they were one of the more genuine ones...
One of their 'featured models 2019' uses this image:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-p...-man-212123440

One of the others (the male model) uses a picture that was also used by a different scam agency which seems to have ceased scamming in 2017. Yet they say he's new. And all of their images seem to be lifted from a 'studio' called Route 66, which no longer trades but can be seen here https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...model-11612577. And most likely is the same person. Oh, and it's 'owned' by an apparently dormant company, despite being 'one of the UK leaders'.

I haven't been there myself, but I'd avoid them...
username5222196
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there. I noticed that you might have information on getting money back. I paid for the shoot a few months ago and was wondering if I could explain my situation and you could help me out with some advice?? Thank you
staying focused
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Merrydew)
So have you got your photos and sent them to the model manager? I’m happy to pay to get the photos but just wondering if the rest of it’s actually legit?
Hi there, yes I have sent my photos off to my manager a few weeks ago and then they will start getting back to work to find modelling gigs for me after April the 30th
staying focused
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Merrydew)
I agree, it’s been a really lovely experience from my end and even if it doesn’t work out with the model manager, the portfolio we’d get out of it at the end is gonna be incredible! Good luck! And please can you let me know how it goes for you in the new year once you have your photos? 😊
Hi there,

Yes I have received my photos. My manager said he will get back to work by the end of April (due to the covid crisis) to help me find modelling gigs. Will definitely keep you guys updated when I start getting booked for work
tina.sharma
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How did you get it back?
tina.sharma
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by expatmum)
I'm not sure - a debit card takes money out of your account straight away, so doesn't have the usual legal protections of a credit card. Sometimes the transaction doesn't come up until the next day so if you get there early and speak to someone there they might be able to help you. I don't think what they are doing is illegal, they are charging you for a shoot basically. But it is unethical to promise you work that you probably wont get. It seems like they also suck you in further with more payments for prints etc. I'm happy to advise you further if the bank can't stop your payment. If you can't get the money back, and depending on the circumstances, you could just see it as a regular photo shoot you are paying for, but a) don't sign anything and b) don't hand over any more money. How much did you pay and what are they promising, if you don't mind saying?
How do you get a refund from your credit card?
Payment hasn't gone through yet
ghazalmot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Geoff132)
My daughter went to London yesterday and was apparently signed up. She had to pay £500 on the day for her portfolio..... :-( :-(

Just for info, I didn't know that she was going......
No no no that’s a SCAM. If u try say u can’t afford 500 they half it and make u pay something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.55%
I'm not sure (5)
2.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (66)
35.11%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (81)
43.09%

Watched Threads