Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Watch
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Janelle rose)
Hello I went to the test shoot and I was successful but have to complete a sum of over £1,500 and I already paid £450. The pictures taken was nice and professional however my worry is after I finish paying for the portfolio am I guaranteed to find work as they promise because I’m scared they will take all the money and disappear or they’ll take the money and hardly find me jobs.
Sorry to say, but they probably go through around 10 people per day. Promise them the same things. There just aren't enough jobs for all those people - whatever guarantees they gave are worthless.
Elena.Danaila
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Twinkletoes50)
Hi...I've just had a call from identity management today and they've asked me to go for a shoot next Thursday inSoho...the address they're sending me is genuine....is this a scam? Louis sounded very convincing but I need to know as I'm traveling from Newcastle
(Original post by Alice weller)
Hi there, I know exactly how you feel. Toxic comments about everything can be frustrating and leave you sceptical about everything. I myself applied online with identity management and received an email a few days after saying that they would get in touch if I was to be successful. About a week later I received a phone call saying that I had been shortlisted. That the next step would be a photo shoot. And if I was successful after the shoot they would help me move forward with my career as a model. So I was still not sure but decided to go ahead. So I paid the deposit and booked my coach tickets to London. The shoot was only a week away. I had to bring with me 7/9 outfits for the shoot. That was the complicated bit. Anyways I managed to sort everything out and travelled to London that week with my best friend. (NEVER GO ALONE!!!) we finally arrived at the studio it wasn’t what we expected at all everything seemed so professional. And all the staff were so friendly and reassuring. The photographer I had assigned to my shoot was a small blond lady very professional and very lovely to work with. It was an exhausting and emotional experience but 100% worth every minute they made me feel like a million dollars for a day. After the shoot I had to fill some paperwork in and decide if I wanted to buy my portfolio. I did in the end I’m not paying a payment plan with them to be paid off by January. I will then receive the photos via email. The photos are quit expensive but worth it. I cannot wait to receive them. I also was successful with joining their platform to start moving forward with finding agencies and future work. This is my personal experience to this day I still feel like it could be a scam but I’m gonna take the risk and not loose the chance. I hope this could be of some help to you in making a decision.
Hi, how dod it go? Is it worth it?
Bribri05
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,I would be interested in the list of Agencies. Are there any age restrictions? I do not fall for the height as I am just 5'3 but I am size 6. As I got a call from ID Modeling, but reading all these I do not want to go and pay for pictures if there is no real opportunity of modeling.Thank you
Gezime
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by expatmum)
Don't get me wrong. I'm sure you would enjoy the shoot, but it depends what you hope for out of it. I'm a 50 year old mum, who modelled for 8 years all over the world, and have friends that run top model agencies in London and New York, so I have a fair bit of experience. Unless you are spectacular looking you need to be at least 5ft 8 inches, be no larger than a size 8, probably a size 6 these days, and also have a look that they like to do any high end modelling. There are all sorts of different types of modelling though - people do smaller, regional stuff, car shows, promotional work etc, but there's no way you're going to London Fashion Week if you fall into that category. In the fashion world there's no such thing as 'guaranteed a place'. You are represented by an agency free of charge - in return for which they take a cut of your earnings (it used to be 20%). You can leave any time and they can let you go anytime if things don't work out - you are basically self-employed and will pay tax as such. If you would really like to try to be a model and think you'd fall into the category above I could list a few agencies that are respectable, if you
(Original post by Magjam)
I have created the group called "beyoutiful model takes all" please find it add yourself and lets fight them
i can't find you on fb...did you do anything for that ?? because they scam me as well
expatmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bribri05)
Hello,I would be interested in the list of Agencies. Are there any age restrictions? I do not fall for the height as I am just 5'3 but I am size 6. As I got a call from ID Modeling, but reading all these I do not want to go and pay for pictures if there is no real opportunity of modeling.Thank you
I'm so sorry - I think you're too short for a mainstream agency. You might want to look at local agencies if you really think your face is spectacular - at that height you will probably do more 'beauty' work - make up etc, plus promotional stuff. Even Kate moss is 5ft 7 and everyone thought she was tiny when she started (although she probably was a bit shorter as she started so young - maybe 5ft 6?)
taryndragon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HiWould really like to find out more info if possible. How can I contact you?Thanks.
expatmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://bfma.fashion/who-we-are/

This is a list of reputable London agencies. It is in no way exhaustive, and does not include regional agencies, or some big international ones like Next. Anyone considering actually working as a model, not just doing it for the pictures (if that's what you want then that's fine), should look at their websites. Use them as a style / content guide then google any agencies that approach you and have a look at their websites. They may not be as impressive but they should have a similarly professional style. Furthermore, here is a definitive outline of how to apply to be a model at Models 1, one of the best agencies in the UK, so you know what agencies are looking for when you submit pictures:

Professional Pictures are NOT necessary but you must be at least 5’8′′ to apply.
We want to see NATURAL photo’s where we can see your bone structure.
The photo submitted alongside your application needs to be a FRONT FACING headshot.
Try to RELAX your face, do not smile or pout!
Keep hair as natural as possible, but make sure it is not obscuring your cheeks.
Please DO-NOT wear make-up, sunglasses or hats etc.
In a side profile we need to see the jawline, hair needs to be kept away from the face.
Photo’s need to be in COLOUR with no computer effects or re-touching.
Do not submit a body shot, we will contact you if necessary.
Avoid wearing baggy clothes and simply stand up straight with your shoulders back.
Helper1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, i hope i can help anyone that reads this post, I used to work at "ID Model Management" Please read the article below Everything in this article is real - The owner Oliver James now Oliver Valiyev is a scammer and so is the company

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...model-11612577

Also involved in the scam is Hannah And Gisela

The people at the studio are also involved.

The people that call you to book you in are not involved! We thought it was a legit job and we get told by the managers that it is real but you soon get to see what is really happening.

Do not pay for any portfolios or any deposits they ask for
Last edited by Helper1234; 1 month ago
Mamba74
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I realise I am a bit late to this thread but I am also in similar situation where I have already paid for the photos and now I have sent my photos to the Identity Management manager, Aiden. He has asked that I now complete a bunch of stuff including a HRMC document but I am unsure if this man can actually boost my chances of getting with agencies more so than if I just apply myself or if this is just the secondary part of the ruse to sell me those overprices photos. I understand people are upset mainly with the photo prices but what I want to know if anyone got any jobs from Identity management because I have yet to see one person claim they have.
Mamba74
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helper1234)
Hello, i hope i can help anyone that reads this post, I used to work at "ID Model Management" Please read the article below Everything in this article is real - The owner Oliver James now Oliver Valiyev is a scammer and so is the company

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...model-11612577

Also involved in the scam is Hannah And Gisela

The people at the studio are also involved.

The people that call you to book you in are not involved! We thought it was a legit job and we get told by the managers that it is real but you soon get to see what is really happening.

Do not pay for any portfolios or any deposits they ask for
Hi there, I have recently bought the photos and was put in touch with Aiden as my manager for ID modelling. After reading the reviews on this website I, unsuccessfully, tried to get my money back and just now I decided to cut my losses and inform my "manager" I no longer wish to work with him. Out of curiosity however, if I had proceeded with the process, what would then have happened? If they did not have the contacts they claim they did, what was Aiden planning to send me in terms of updates on job offers?
Kaur2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nofixedadress)
It is for sure a scam . Don’t fall for it ! My son did a deposit of £50 without my knowledge, and I did some research on my site . This company Identity Management, does not have a legit Adress or website. The photo shoots take place in a photostudio where they pressure sell you their overpriced portfolios . They do not have any relationships to model agencies or fashion companies. They just want to sell you worthless photo portfolios . We fortunately got the £50 pounds back from Paypal . The real Bummer is , that these scammers are still in the legal , and just try to convince you to pay a deposit and then pay up for better photos . They play with the confidence and trust of young people . If you send them an email calling them out , they threaten you .
And btw, no professional would ever call a future prospect „Hun“ in an written conversation, EVER !
Hi,
I am in a similar situation however I was required to pay an additional £50 deposit through paypal because I wanted to bring my boyfriend along with me to the shoot as I was abit apprehensive. How do I go about getting a refund from Paypal?
Olhaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We have been scammed for 2000 too, paid by credit card. Any body know if it's any ways how we can get money back from them?
Mags8910
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are they a scam?!
Alisonorf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you had any work?
SallyM67
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HiWhat happened In the end as I see this was 10 months ago
Jodibt15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
SEPTEMBER 2020 UPDATE ABOUT IDENTITY MANAGEMENT SCAM
I’ve read nearly every reply on this thread from 10 months ago up to now. The evidence that this company is a scam is undeniable. I applied online, sent my picture, got invited to a test shoot by someone called Patrick to date style studio in Soho. My test shoot was 3/9/20 and yes it was really fun and amazing BUT please don’t be fooled. I took about 7 outfits did five looks a three hour shoot with hair and makeup then went in for my assessment/interview with SAMIA. She said she only had 3 spaces and sees 50 girls a day she then told me I had to get 35 “best images” to be successful and pretended I didn’t get 35 then told me I actually got 55 and was successful. I was then persuaded by her to buy the deluxe portfolio package for £2500. Unfortunately I paid. She told me if I didn’t pay then and there then all photos would be deleted and I’d lose my chance. She then assigned AIDEN JONES as my “manager” claiming he’s the best in the company with over 20 years experience. This is all a lie. Since then I have received my portfolio and trust me when I say it is no where near the quality it should be for the amount they charge secondly it had spelling mistakes and incorrect info about my measurements...not professional at all. ADIEN WILL NOT FIND YOU JOBS at most he will send you links to casting pages where you have to pay subscriptions to see jobs and you can find these sites on google by yourself. This is where I’m at now trying to fight them and get my money back. Please if you do come across this post recognise that IDENTIFY MANAGEMENT IS A SCAM and they are not in connections to any companies/agencies and they will not help start your modelling career.
Sorry if this has happened to you as well.
Ashsharp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you end up getting any professional work from them?
Ashsharp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you end up getting any professional work from them?
Leanne18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did you ever get any work out of them?
marsay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how did you get out of the contract when you discovered they were a scam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.1%
I'm not sure (8)
3.9%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (72)
35.12%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.46%
I'm not a current university student (89)
43.41%

Watched Threads