MedMed12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey

I am applying for the AFP hopefully and was wondering what counts as a distinction or merit for the extra educational achievements
at my uni distinction is an A grade (top 5%) and B is a merit (top 15-20%) would this count or do they have specific criteria?
HHaricot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MedMed12)
Hey

I am applying for the AFP hopefully and was wondering what counts as a distinction or merit for the extra educational achievements
at my uni distinction is an A grade (top 5%) and B is a merit (top 15-20%) would this count or do they have specific criteria?
It’s usually whatever you med school says is a distinction. Does your med school have someone that particularly helps with application? Or have you a local foundation school that comes in to talk about application
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IMT defines a distinction as top 10% or less for your overall medical degree grade, and a merit as top 20% or less for a part of the course. Its probably similar.

https://www.imtrecruitment.org.uk/re...cation-scoring
notespad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For AFP, it's whatever your medical schools decides is a distinction/merit etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads