emilya18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
don’t think anyone’s made one of these yet, there was one from last year though so feel free to drop your predicted grades and where you’re thinking of applying!

I’m on a gap year now, personally I think my favourites are Bristol and manchester, as they both seem to have a focus on neuropharmacology, but I haven’t had the opportunity to look at many unis as a lot of the open days were during my exams
tytytytyty
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are the differences between Pharmacology, pharmaceutical science and drug discovery??? I am so confused.
emilya18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tytytytyty)
What are the differences between Pharmacology, pharmaceutical science and drug discovery??? I am so confused.
pharmaceutical science I think is similar to pharmacology but has more of a focus on the development of drugs side of things, like the chemical synthesis, which leads onto work in the pharmaceutical industry, but pharmacology is slightly broader and looks into how different drugs elicit their effects on the body and their properties, rather than focusing mainly on the development side of things. I’m not 100%, so it might be good to look at a few of both pharmacology and pharmaceutical science courses and compare the differences, especially in the modules they offer
Mollie14
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve sent my UCAS to Manchester, UEA (twice), UCL and Bath all for MSci or MPharmacol (and one BSc at UEA just in case)

I think the course is very niche and it’s been really hard to find others who want to study the course, so thanks for making this thread 😊
Last edited by Mollie14; 3 weeks ago
emilya18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
it’s okay, and yeah it’s literally so niche, I’m still struggling with my personal statement tbh
Mollie14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Personal statement is the worst part, I whacked mine out when I had a five free day at sixth form. I think the best way is to do one draft in one big sitting and then keep picking at it 😊
Lyathon_1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've now finished my personal statement, here are my choices:
Bath
Bristol
UEA
Portsmouth
Hertfordshire
Predicted grades ABB
Mollie14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aren’t Bath’s entry requirements AAB?
Last edited by Mollie14; 2 weeks ago
Lyathon_1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm doing an epq which reduces by 1 grade if I do well in it, also I checked their clearing last year and they set the grades down all the way to BBC to try and get people in. I'm pretty hopeful.
Mollie14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m doing an EPQ too! Are you applying for an MSci?
sammy0205
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey guys! pharmacology applicant here!
i've sent my UCAS to Bristol (top choice), UEA (2nd choice), Bath, Southampton, and KCL.
i'm predicted A*AB and i also have an A* in the epq
emilya18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mollie14)
Personal statement is the worst part, I whacked mine out when I had a five free day at sixth form. I think the best way is to do one draft in one big sitting and then keep picking at it 😊
I have no idea what to include, it’s so hard now not being at school because no one is chasing me and I’m just behind! I did one for medicine last year but it was like so focused on work experience, and there’s so much help and information for medicine, whereas pharmacology being more niche i’m finding much harder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.82%
Labour (318)
42.74%
Liberal Democrats (150)
20.16%
Green Party (41)
5.51%
Brexit Party (21)
2.82%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.21%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.81%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)