pheb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm struggling with my geography NEA as I have a rough idea of the question but do not know how to refine it.
I'm doing something like 'Investigation of changing quality of life in ...'
Do you think I need to be more specific or how can I imrove my question?
alice0502
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pheb)
Hi,
I'm struggling with my geography NEA as I have a rough idea of the question but do not know how to refine it.
I'm doing something like 'Investigation of changing quality of life in ...'
Do you think I need to be more specific or how can I imrove my question?
I think that should be fine as long as you do make it location specific and expand on what you mean by quality of life in your introduction. Make sure as well that you can get 3-5 sub questions from thhis topic
pheb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you! yes I have got a specific location just didn't want to say it as it's near where I live haha xAre sub questions the same as hypotheses?
alice0502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pheb)
thank you! yes I have got a specific location just didn't want to say it as it's near where I live haha xAre sub questions the same as hypotheses?
think so
mstevens01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
make sure you plan well and get a range of primary and secondary data. Since your coursework is Human, there are plenty of secondary sources and introduction materials. I reccomend looking at exemplars on the Pearson website to see how they are structured.
naem071
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look at strands of 'quality of life'. This could be social, such as the health of the populace. It could be economic, such as levels of employment and average salaries. It could be physical, such as access to green space and the extent of dereliction. 'Quality of life' is a one-word term to describe a huge dimension of measures, you shouldn't be short of sub-questions any time soon!
alice0502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mstevens01)
make sure you plan well and get a range of primary and secondary data. Since your coursework is Human, there are plenty of secondary sources and introduction materials. I reccomend looking at exemplars on the Pearson website to see how they are structured.
As important as secondary data is, concentrate on your primary data as it is an independent investigation. I'm not saying to not include it but don't have large amounts of it. I found that in my analysis you can link in secondary data by saying it has similar patterns/results or it was completely different.
ellias_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey I'm doing my nea now, and thinking about doing a similar question. Could I ask what your sub questions were?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads