The Student Room Group

anxiety ruining my chances

There's this girl in my Uni that i really like. We talked in the first day when she sat next to me in class, the next two days we only saw each other a few times, but didn't sit near each other. I didn't bother trying to talk to her out of fear of looking needy or creepy. I saw her in class, and she was sitting in some seats, making it seem like she wanted me to sit next to her. But i noticed my mates sitting and decided to go and sit with them last second. Now i feel like she may think im not interested or am rude because i messed up twice. I ignored her because of my dumb anxiety issue. i actually have a crush for her and she's showing signs that she's interested in me, but im always afraid to make a move. I don't know how and what i can do about this and how i can get the balls to actually talk to her more. She always sits and hangs around with her friend as well. Any advice?
Reply 1
Hey, I'm not gonna say to 'just go for it' because that's not always easy for everyone. But how about starting small by asking for help with something or asking her out for coffee? You could try bringing one of your friends along for the confidence or just give a few more subtle signs to her by catching her eye and smiling at her.
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl in my Uni that i really like. We talked in the first day when she sat next to me in class, the next two days we only saw each other a few times, but didn't sit near each other. I didn't bother trying to talk to her out of fear of looking needy or creepy. I saw her in class, and she was sitting in some seats, making it seem like she wanted me to sit next to her. But i noticed my mates sitting and decided to go and sit with them last second. Now i feel like she may think im not interested or am rude because i messed up twice. I ignored her because of my dumb anxiety issue. i actually have a crush for her and she's showing signs that she's interested in me, but im always afraid to make a move. I don't know how and what i can do about this and how i can get the balls to actually talk to her more. She always sits and hangs around with her friend as well. Any advice?

Why not just sit next/near her next time have a casual chat, then later on maybe next day dm her and ask to meet up for a drink or something.

Obviously judge how things go when you chat to her, don't be too strong but a couple mild flirty jokes to see if she is thinking friend or more...
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending