do geography and chemistry a levels compliment each other Watch

idontkxow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i am taking biology, chemistry, psychology right now in year 12. i wanted to keep all my options open so i took those three options. As i don't particularly like my teacher and i don't find taking biology is useful because i don't want to go into medicine, i'm thinking of dropping it and doing geography instead. Instead, I want to keep chemistry as i think it opens most doors and pathways especially with the healthcare route. Does geography, chemistry, psychology work well together?
Ktpb8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're interested in healthcare you'll still need biology - many healthcare areas such as nursing & physiotherapy require knowledge of biology / anatomy. Geography is useful if you want to do something related to the climate, or if you want to become a town planner. Also, having done Biology, Chemistry & Psychology at A-level, Chemistry is the hardest so If I were in your shoes I'd switch Chemistry for Geography. Hope that helps 😊.
antibody123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont rely on your teachers for alevels, so long as you have the textbook youre fine
keeping biology would be sensible if you want to go into healthcare
idontkxow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ktpb8)
If you're interested in healthcare you'll still need biology - many healthcare areas such as nursing & physiotherapy require knowledge of biology / anatomy. Geography is useful if you want to do something related to the climate, or if you want to become a town planner. Also, having done Biology, Chemistry & Psychology at A-level, Chemistry is the hardest so If I were in your shoes I'd switch Chemistry for Geography. Hope that helps 😊.
Thank you so much
idontkxow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ktpb8)
It's just that my biology teacher is not encouraging at all and she wants me to drop it because she thinks i can't do the subject whereas on the other hand, my chemistry teachers are encouraging and very helpful. i'm unsure about my future and i wanted to keep my options as open as possible so i thought that if i work hard and perceiver with chemistry i'd get the most out of it. i'm just so stressed about this decision..
Ktpb8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by idontkxow)
It's just that my biology teacher is not encouraging at all and she wants me to drop it because she thinks i can't do the subject whereas on the other hand, my chemistry teachers are encouraging and very helpful. i'm unsure about my future and i wanted to keep my options as open as possible so i thought that if i work hard and perceiver with chemistry i'd get the most out of it. i'm just so stressed about this decision..
Is there any chance you could get moved to a biology class with a different teacher? The head of biology or science should be able to arrange it. It's very sensible to keep your options open if you don't know what to you want to be yet. My only other suggestion would be to possibly swap Psychology for Geography if you've got a good chemistry teacher. I've got a friend who did a psychology degree despite not doing it at A-level. Also, as long as you learn the whole syllabus for biology you should do well - why not prove your teacher wrong? (exceeding the expectations of teachers is a great feeling) 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads