The Student Room Group

Motivation

What honestly gives you guys the motivation to get up and revise? Some days it’s easy but others I procrastinate like crazy! Anyone have any tips?
Original post by susannahmay
What honestly gives you guys the motivation to get up and revise? Some days it’s easy but others I procrastinate like crazy! Anyone have any tips?

Some days it is hard. Try removing the things that may distract you, for example turning of your phone for a bit if it distracts you.Don't forget to take breaks as revising when tired is really hard. I tend to think of why I revise, that being to do well. Good luck with what you are revising for and I hope this has been helpful.
Honestly, I felt the same at this same position last year. Take it from me I was predicted 4's and 5's and destined to fail 1 subject. But I came out with 3 7's and an 8 and got all my 10 GCSEs. It's never easy to revise as it's diffficult but if you want to see yourself open that brown/white envelop next August happily then you should revise. As its early days take it easy. Do at least 20 minutes for the core subjects. I'd suggest you do a maximum of 1 hour and 30 minutes till your mocks. Then start to build it up. I was willing to work hard, concentrate and revise so I sacrificed my phone for 10 months and I stopped playing on the PS4 for around 6 months. The easiest way of revising and boosting those grades is through past papers do tonnes of them as they will increase your marks drastically. You should experiement with your revision with flashcards which is very good for memorising quotes, posters or mindmaps which is useful for history and the big one which will boost your marks past papers for every single subject you do. Think of yourself in that situation on August 21st 2020 (I think its that day) do you want to be happy and thanking your teachers on that day or would you want to be upset with your results. Your GCSE results are in your hands. I'd also recommend seeing Youtubers who have done a video on this. Mr Bruff, Mr Salles teaches English, Primrose Kitten. (Those were the top 3 youtubers who've helped me consistently from my GCSEs and once I opened my results last month I couldn't thank them enough and my teachers enough.) This is your last year of high school (technically months) and you would want to finish it off with awesome results. Do your best and put all your effort in as you control your revision nobody else does. I'd also recommend you to see my forum on revising for GCSEs. The link is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5737444.
Do share the forum please as it helps.

Quick Reply

Latest