DChallis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I got ABB in physics chemistry and maths respectively with the chemistry being 5 ums marks off an A (to clarify these were Ias)
For igcses I got a 9,8,7 an A*,and 5 A s
I haven't not had any work experience due to where I live is there any point in applying
I was hoping to resit two as modules is this possible or will it affect my chances
I'm doing my ukcat in 2 weeks
Last edited by DChallis; 3 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DChallis)
Hi I got ABB in physics chemistry and maths respectively with the chemistry being 5 ums marks off an A
For igcses I got a 9,8,7 an A*,and 5 A s
I haven't not had any work experience due to where I live is there any point in applying
I was hoping to resit two as modules is this possible or will it affect my chances
I'm doing my ukcat in 2 weeks
You'd need to aim for at least AAA (some med schools may accept AAB like Buckingham but they may not accept retake students) and apply to med schools accepting retake students. There are 18 of them but there may be special requirements (e.g. HYMS needs at least BBB in the first go, Keele requires you to have A*AA after the retake).

Do you have any experience at all? If not why did you want to do Medicine? Is there really no hospitals / care homes / any care experience around you? Can you volunteer somewhere?

Let us know your UCAT score when you have it. That's important. If I were you I'd drop everything for UCAT, not even come on TSR! It's premature to ask before your UCAT.
DChallis
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
You'd need to aim for at least AAA (some med schools may accept AAB like Buckingham but they may not accept retake students) and apply to med schools accepting retake students. There are 18 of them but there may be special requirements (e.g. HYMS needs at least BBB in the first go, Keele requires you to have A*AA after the retake).

Do you have any experience at all? If not why did you want to do Medicine? Is there really no hospitals / care homes / any care experience around you? Can you volunteer somewhere?

Let us know your UCAT score when you have it. That's important. If I were you I'd drop everything for UCAT, not even come on TSR! It's premature to ask before your UCAT.
I got my UK at score
670 VR
790 Dm
670 QR
640 AR
And band 2
Reversed Flash
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean if they are just mock grades it should be fine?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got my UK at score
670 VR
790 Dm
670 QR
640 AR
And band 2
Post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 which is the thread created for questions like these. This is so you can get a quicker response from the experienced posters and also for the benefit of future TSR users who may have similar stats.

(Original post by Reversed Flash)
I mean if they are just mock grades it should be fine?
Some medical schools will reject if the predicted grades are below the standard offer grades, seeing as there are literally thousands who will be predicted equal to / above it.
DChallis
Rep:
?
Hi I got AAB on my as levels and am predicted AA*B and a for my a levels I just did my ukcat test and got 2770 and band 2
I got 670 VR
790 DM
670 QR
640 AR
DChallis
Rep:
?
Hi I got AAB on my as levels and am predicted AA*B and a for my a levels I just did my ukcat test and got 2770 and band 2
I got 670 VR
790 DM
670 QR
640 AR
I also got 6 A's and 3A* for igcses
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got 670 VR
790 DM
670 QR
640 AR
Please don't double post, it's against our rules.

Post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 which is the thread created for questions like these. This is so you can get a quicker response from the experienced posters and also for the benefit of future TSR users who may have similar stats.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads