camicat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I am applying to Durham University for 2020 entry and trying to decide which college to apply to. I know I would definitely like to apply to a Bailey college, as I like the older ones, but after that I am a little uncertain.

I am leaning towards St. Cuths, but what puts me off is that some people live on Parsons Field, which is not on the college site, and I wouldn't like to live there. I also like the look of St. Chads. Please help if anyone has any advice!
Muser99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Original post by Anonymous)
Also remember that college allocation is via a computer programme so there is no guarantee you will get your first choice though the programme does try to honour it where possible. You could be allocated a completely different type of college/ catering and unless there are medical grounds it cannot be changed as it forms part of your study offer.
If Durham ends up being your insurance choice or on results day you are a near miss acceptance your allocated college can also change as they only guarantee your allocated college if you meet your offer for your firm choice. Therefore choose your college but dont agonize too much over it as it may get changed at some point in the process.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/experience/colleges/ourcolleges/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads