Here_we_go
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey all,

People who have moved to London alone from their university/home for a grad job within the finance or legal sector, with no/very little contacts in London, whats your experience been like?

What was the job? What was your reasons for moving? Was it as lonely as people say? What would you recommend? Have you had a happy time overall? Etc.

Any feedback and wisdom much appreciated.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Here_we_go)
Hey all,

People who have moved to London alone from their university/home for a grad job within the finance or legal sector, with no/very little contacts in London, whats your experience been like?

What was the job? What was your reasons for moving? Was it as lonely as people say? What would you recommend? Have you had a happy time overall? Etc.

Any feedback and wisdom much appreciated.
Finding a place to stay is the biggest issue, once that is sorted then its straightforward.
London can be very lonely so you do need some friends. Some people love it, others can feel its unfriendly and not for them.
Sounds like you have a good job, so work hard, hopefully your employer is fun and you can start to build your network that way. I dont think its that much different than if you were going to uni except you have a job where you have money. Dont forget to save some and you are allowed to go home if needed.
Accommodation imo is the most important issue.
BusMan21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Many people in the same boat - try and get in touch with people of your same cohort, find a nice apartment together etc. You'll branch out through work, then friends of friends etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads