The Student Room Group

Feel alone have no friends.

I’m at the university of Manchester and living in fallow which is a really social. But I feel so alone and feel like I have no real friends. I know it’s midway through freshers week but I see everyone walking around in groups and having fun but I’m just alone.
My flatmates are nice but we just don’t get on. Four of them have really similar interests which I’m not interested in so they hang out together and dont really like going out, whereas I do like going out clubbing. And the rest of my flat mates all go out but with their friends from home who have come to the same uni. I have been going out with a different flat but I don’t feel as if we are real friends. They say I am but like for example we were out and I got lost and no one messaged me to see if I was okay so they obviously didn’t realise I had gone missing. And as they are all a flat they are closer friends and always do stuff in the day which I’m not invited to.
I want to make more friends but I don’t know how to go about it. I’m worried I’m going to feel like this for the whole year. And yes I know it’s only half way through freshers week but I feel like people have already found their groups.
I go Mmu and I haven’t made too many friends but I went to the freshers fair today and joined some societies. Apparently this is a good way and I’m just waiting for a session. Have you tried societies? Also what course are you doing (just wondering)
Reply 2
Original post by OR321
I go Mmu and I haven’t made too many friends but I went to the freshers fair today and joined some societies. Apparently this is a good way and I’m just waiting for a session. Have you tried societies? Also what course are you doing (just wondering)

I do engineering what about you? I’ve joined the engineering society but I’m not sure what other ones to join
Original post by Anonymous
I do engineering what about you? I’ve joined the engineering society but I’m not sure what other ones to join

Business/Finance. I joined the business society and a British Asian one 😂
Reply 4
Don’t worry!I feel exactly like this too, I’m also at UoM and have only been out like twice this freshers, with people I had met on the night but haven’t heard from them again and I know that they’ve formed friendships with eachother. I do feel a bit lonely but I try to think that the university is HUGE and that friendships can be formed further along the line, not just during freshers.:smile:
Reply 5
Most people will not end up being friends with the people they met in freshers week so please do not worry. Keep going with the clubbing flat for now but you will find your people. Probably ones on your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending