Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 50 years ago
Hi everyone. This is a thread for civil engineering applicants looking to start in 2020 to chat and discuss things and find people doing the same course.

For the applicants threads for specific unis, follow this link>>

Copy this template if you want, no need to mention everything though

Universities applied to:
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades:
AS grades (if taken):
GCSE grades:
Any extra-curricular stuff you want to mention:
NirvanBarua
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Universities applied to: Imperial (Civil Engineering with a year abroad), UCL (Civil Engineering), Bath (Civil and Architectural Engineering with placement), Bristol (Civil Engineering with study in continental Europe), Surrey (Civil Engineering with placement)
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades: A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
GCSE grades: Five 9s, four 8s and one A*

I just want that UCL offer. Hopefully, I get it.
david the dude
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by NirvanBarua)
Universities applied to: Imperial (Civil Engineering with a year abroad), UCL (Civil Engineering), Bath (Civil and Architectural Engineering with placement), Bristol (Civil Engineering with study in continental Europe), Surrey (Civil Engineering with placement)
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades: A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
GCSE grades: Five 9s, four 8s and one A*

I just want that UCL offer. Hopefully, I get it.
I have received an offer from UCL. Have you heard of anyone who has received anything from Imperial?
NirvanBarua
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yh I got invited to the recruitment day on the 27 November.
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi do you mind me asking when you applied? I'm so scared that I am rejected.
Last edited by david the dude; 4 months ago
NirvanBarua
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by david the dude)
Hi do you mind me asking when you applied? I'm so scared that I am rejected.
30 October
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are you a UK candidate. Have you heard anyone else get invited. Sorry to bother you but Imperial is my top choice.
NirvanBarua
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are you a UK candidate. Have you heard anyone else get invited. Sorry to bother you but Imperial is my top choice.
I only know of one other person, who's in my school. Yes, I'm a UK candidate. I wouldn't worry if I was you because there's a second batch of interviews. You still might get an invite.
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's so weird you have heard from Imperial and not UCL. I got 4 A*s predicted so I don't see why they don't invite me. I applied back in early October. When did you hear back?
ih17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m also going to the selection day on 27th, also been sent a maths test to complete within the next two weeks, can anyone give any advice on how to prep for this as it did not detail on topics etc? Im so nervous!
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
you got sent a maths test to complete? what are you predicted?
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
when did you recurve the invitation?
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alanwali)
I'm also going on the 27th and I also got the maths test email this morning. Idk what I'm doing loool they said its not necessary to prepare for the test but i think im just going to revise the whole of year 1 pure maths and what we've learnt so far in year 2 pure, but idk if statistics and mechanics will be on it??
when did you apply?
ih17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
when did you apply?
End of october
ih17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm also going on the 27th and I also got the maths test email this morning. Idk what I'm doing loool they said its not necessary to prepare for the test but i think im just going to revise the whole of year 1 pure maths and what we've learnt so far in year 2 pure, but idk if statistics and mechanics will be on it??
Yeh that’s what I’m planning on doing too, might go over mechanics as well just to be safe😁
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I haven't thieves an interview, what is this maths test?
ih17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Same. But I received the interview email last friday and it still hasn't been updated on track... anyone else having this problem?
It’s the same for me, think that because it’s a group selection day it might not come up as an interview but not sure
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
*received
david the dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what's this maths test. in previous years it was at Imperial right?
NirvanBarua
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's so weird you have heard from Imperial and not UCL. I got 4 A*s predicted so I don't see why they don't invite me. I applied back in early October. When did you hear back?
Oh no I got UCL, Bristol and Surrey offers too. I heard back from Imperial 9 days after I submitted my application.
Last edited by NirvanBarua; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (90)
52.94%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
20%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (46)
27.06%

Watched Threads