Max1357913
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ll be starting a chemistry degree at the university of Southampton soon, and I’ve gotten an email which says I need to choose my optional modules online by the 27th, but I don’t really know what optional modules actually are.

Are they optional as in you have to do some, but it’s up to you which, or are they optional as in completely skippable if you don’t want to do any. If so, what’s the benefit of doing them?

I feel like I should know all this, but I don’t.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
CheeseIsVeg Your area of expertise me thinks :ninja:
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Max1357913)
I’ll be starting a chemistry degree at the university of Southampton soon, and I’ve gotten an email which says I need to choose my optional modules online by the 27th, but I don’t really know what optional modules actually are.

Are they optional as in you have to do some, but it’s up to you which, or are they optional as in completely skippable if you don’t want to do any. If so, what’s the benefit of doing them?

I feel like I should know all this, but I don’t.
dude :five: I'm in my 3rd year doing Chem at the University of Southampton :hi:

no so optional modules are the one choice of module you have to do per semester - you need to make up the remaining 15 credits by choosing a module
it doesn't even have to be in chemistry, there are universal modules you can take in any subject etc.
best way of looking for them is actually on the course website here: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/course...odules#modules

you select the optional modules on SUSSED by logging into your student record (banner)

hope this helps - legit just quote me if u have more questions bruh!!!

(Original post by Lemur14)
CheeseIsVeg Your area of expertise me thinks :ninja:
lmao thank you xD :hugs:
Max1357913
Rep:
?
@CheeselsVeg Thanks, I was thinking about doing the mathematical models in chemistry one, do you know anything about that, and how much more difficult it is compared to A-level maths?

I liked maths at college, but I found some of it quite hard. I got a B in the end
sciencequestion8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m starting Chemistry at Southampton too next week!
Max1357913
Rep:
?
sciencequestion8Cool, might see you down there then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
6.45%
They might tell the bully (4)
12.9%
I don't think they'd understand (6)
19.35%
It might lead to more bullying (13)
41.94%
There's nothing they could do (6)
19.35%

Watched Threads