Infinnity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't think I'm doing very well in Spanish. It's the 3rd week of school so there's no exams. I think I got A or A* on both. When I was picking my GCSEs I either had to pick Spanish or Art and I picked Spanish because my school recommended us to pick a language.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no no no don't do it to yourself please stick with spanish
art will drive you insane gah i speak from experience
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stick with Spanish.
username2992802
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unless you're 100% thinking of a career in art I suggest not. Having a decent grade in a language can really benefit you with uni or college as they offer further languages and even trips to the country as work experience in the future.

I'm bilingual, speaking 3 languages and studying Spanish with a B, in the end, helped me show im willing to learn something that isn't so easy.
Lifeismad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pick art cause you’d enjoy it way more, it looks good on uni applications as well, it shows “creativity” and a different side to your character rather than just your normal essay based subjects. Employers see it as a positive thing too and it comes in use with interview questions cause you can take SOOO many examples from art and can I just say aswell, idk what it is but the art department (every single one I’ve come across) are always so friendly and supportive along with your peers (you make the most friends in art, coming from experience and others experiences too) so it’s up to you but the only negative thing id say is that arts really time consuming (you have to actually sit down and do it, cant grab it off the internet) but you get over that quickly once you get into the vibee of things. Hope this helped! X
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lifeismad)
Pick art cause you’d enjoy it way more,
not necessarily art gcse is hell

it looks good on uni applications as well
only if you get a good grade

but the art department (every single one I’ve come across) are always so friendly and supportive
personally mine was terrible but ok..
Lifeismad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
not necessarily art gcse is hell

only if you get a good grade

personally mine was terrible but ok..
Just cause you had a bad experience don't mean everyone else will hun cheer up be a bit more positive. You shouldn't have done art if you was so crap at it but ok..
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just cause you had a bad experience don't mean everyone else will hun cheer up be a bit more positive. You shouldn't have done art if you was so crap at it but ok..
were*
just making sure op doesn't make the same mistakes i did!
spanish > art unless you're looking for an artsy career like MissBravo said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed