The Student Room Group

a letter on small boobs

I’m an A cup. I’ve always been an A cup. Well, apart from when I was an AA cup. Or a no cup.

Growing up, boobs felt like the most important aspect to being an adult. To being a woman. My friends started to develop theirs a lot sooner than I did. I would constantly look at the nipples on my chest and pray for them to blossom as you would a tomato plant in your allotment. Please grow please grow please grow.

When they finally did, I came to the conclusion that I was a bad gardener. Did I not offer enough sunlight? Adequate water? Where did I go wrong. Why did this catastrophe have to befall upon me.

Having what seemed like little to nothing on my chest made me feel less feminine than my female friends. It made me feel less attractive, less mature and just less.

I would’ve loved to have told my younger self that it didn’t matter. That she had nothing to cry about. No one talked to me about how it doesn’t matter. Or how small boobs are actually amazing. So I am telling you. I often find that reading other people’s experiences on things they have overcome that I am struggling with gives me hope. I am writing this short piece bc I would have benefited from reading it as a teenager. It would’ve given me the comfort I needed and I hope it can do the same for you.

You are not in the minority.

You are not the twelve year old boy you keep telling yourself you are.

Your ‘flat chest’ is not flat.

You don’t start calling a hill a meadow just because mount everest exists.

People still put time aside to climb the hill. They still look forward to reaching the peak. They still appreciate the sunset from the delightful view that your hill allows.

My boobs now feel big enough. My A cup feels full. It might not be full in everyone’s eyes but it fulfils my needs.

I mean who the heck cares about everyone’s eyes. They can close them.

I’m not good at tests and the pencil test was no exception. I would place the 2B between my two disappointments and pray it would hold on its own as every other girl said it would. The tool would fall to the floor and my spirits would follow close behind. After a while I decided to use the hugest marker pens i could find in an attempt to convince myself that I could perform the trick. Temporary reassurance was wonderful but what I didn’t realise was that so are teeny tatas.

It would be silly to not admit that society has a disastrous influence on how you feel about your body as a self-conscious young adult but do trust me when I say the older you get the less you care about your breast size and what anyone thinks of it. I no longer care. I couldn’t care less any harder. Getting older is infact the bestest thing to happen to my boobs.

My favourite thing is not having to worry about them. They don’t cause me pain when I run and I can wear whatever I want knowing they will only flatter my outfits. They make me feel confident and stylish and I wouldn’t be able to involve myself in the crazy + wild things I do, like taking naps on my stomach, if they were bigger, bolder, beautifuller.

I still don’t have a cleavage without excessively trying, I don’t think I’ll ever have one but that’s okay because I no longer want one. I’m not going to be that oh-so voluptuous girl and I don’t need to be the oh-so voluptuous girl.

I am of course still very sexy though bc I do things like lick paper when I’m bored. And what’s sexier than licking paper? Not a cleavage. No, no.

As Hamlet once said to Rosencratz and as one of my favourite authors once sanguinely repeated in a bestseller, ‘there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking it makes it so’ - Hamlet was talking about denmark but it without a doubt applies to boobies too.
(edited 4 years ago)
What am I doing here. I’m a guy, I don’t even have boobs. I suppose that’s why everyone’s here though.

Just wanted to say you are such a compelling writer. You should write blogs or books or something.
(edited 4 years ago)
Wish I'd seen this in my teen years. I blossomed later, but this would've been an amazing reassurance. I hope other girls can take away something valuable from this.
:heart:

You go girl!
Reply 4
I find the personality more attractive.
That's nice
Reply 6
Original post by Student040803
Just wanted to say you are such a compelling writer. You should write blogs or books or something.

Thank you. I'm grateful that you shared your thoughts on my writing. You are right - I should.

Original post by sinfonietta
Wish I'd seen this in my teen years. I blossomed later, but this would've been an amazing reassurance. I hope other girls can take away something valuable from this.

I appreciate this, thank you.
:dancing:thank you so much for this post .it was really encouraging! :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 8
I have a C/D cup sometimes and its kinda tiring sometimes and i kinda always wanna my boobs to get smaller. But good job for embracing the small boobs! Big boobs, small boobs, medium boobs are all boobs💙
:heart:

I never cared enough about them :lol: boobs were made for the same purpose, small or big they're just ad efficient
bravo :clap2:
It really doesn’t matter. Once you leave your peer-pressured teens behind you, most guys really aren’t going to care if your boobs aren’t the huge ones we have to pretend to love to our friends so that we don’t become social outcasts.

As a guy in my 20s I can honestly say that I prefer a girl with average to smaller sized boobs and the same goes for her bum. Never seen what the fuss is about with all these Kim K and Minaj types. Just as girls shouldn’t shame men for penis size, any decent guy should never shame a woman for her cleavage.

Quick Reply

Latest