Eden111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! Should I put more emphasis on why I want to be a vet ? or focus on my life and what I’ve achieved ?
louisemae2000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Eden111)
Hi! Should I put more emphasis on why I want to be a vet ? or focus on my life and what I’ve achieved ?
You should explain a bit why you want to be a vet. Your personal statement should be about proving why you're the best person for the course. You need to sell yourself to the university so you should write about what you've achieved and then link that to why that would make you a good match for this particular course. That's what I did for my personal statement. If you need more help, you should ask your tutor or a teacher before you submit it as they're more likely to be able to tell you which bits you should and shouldn't include.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1) I want to be a Vet because...... (Not 'because I love animals' - its about science, minimising suffering, and ensuring the safety of the food chain).

2) Mature reflection on your work-experience. (What did you see, and more importantly, what surprised you. What did you learn about the role that you didnt realise before.)
brrrigid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can find a whole bank of vet med personal statements here to give you a better idea of what to aim for:
click

And you can have a read of my own below:
click

I talked about my work experiences, reflected on their relevance to current issues in the veterinary world, and said why I thought I'd be the best person to tackle them. It's all about making yourself look as switched on and enthusiastic as possible. Good luck!
Vetadele
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by brrrigid)
You can find a whole bank of vet med personal statements here to give you a better idea of what to aim for:
click

And you can have a read of my own below:
click

I talked about my work experiences, reflected on their relevance to current issues in the veterinary world, and said why I thought I'd be the best person to tackle them. It's all about making yourself look as switched on and enthusiastic as possible. Good luck!
What offers did you get ? ^^
brrrigid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vetadele)
What offers did you get ? ^^
I got offers from RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham
Vetadele
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by brrrigid)
I got offers from RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham
Congrats !!!
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Eden111)
Anything you mention needs to be related to how this fits in with you wanting to be as vet. For example, you can mention achievements such as sports and say how important team work is in a veterinary practice. If you need any help then give me a shout!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.13%
No (140)
74.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed