Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Connor27)
You’re an absolute meme if you think we want you xD
You don’t want me. That does not mean that the party on the whole doesn’t. I know you like to think everyone thinks like you but they don’t.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You’re an absolute meme if you think we want you xD
I'd leave the Tories if Aph joined, I'm not joking...

Spoiler:
Show
No, seriously.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Which parties don't want you, and which parties don't you want (to be a part of)?
I have only ever been a member of the Green Party (when it existed), and have never been or wished to be a member of any of the other parties.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Which parties don't want you, and which parties don't you want (to be a part of)?
I no longer have a place in the Libertarians, and am also too ideologically opposed to both Labour and the Tories to fit in well there. I therefore don't wish to be a part of either of those.

That leaves the Lib Dems who at the moment are in a government with Labour, and may even be too left-leaning for me even if they weren't tied up with Labour.

It's sad that we still lack a socially liberal centre-right party in the House.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This place is really gathering dust eh...
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
This place is really gathering dust eh...
Well feel free to ask a question!
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Well feel free to ask a question!
Well firstly if this place is going to get a bit of revival going then Andrew97 should really update the OP.

Suppose I did want to ask SoggyCabbages if he was sending M572 to division, so I will right here right now!
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well firstly if this place is going to get a bit of revival going then Andrew97 should really update the OP.

Suppose I did want to ask SoggyCabbages if he was sending M572 to division, so I will right here right now!
Will do so now.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Now done, despite TSR formatting literally declaring nuclear war on me.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Now done, despite TSR formatting literally declaring nuclear war on me.
Thank you and well done Mr Speaker
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CatusStarbright Following your opposition to hostile relations with Iran, I would like to know your wider views on foreign policy?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CatusStarbright Following your opposition to hostile relations with Iran, I would like to know your wider views on foreign policy?
Try not to get involved in/facilitate/bandwagon with WWIII, but of course protect our citizens abroad and offer emergency aid to countries in need, e.g. with the Australian fires, the Puerto Rico earthquake etc. On the topic of aid, I believe a smart use of foreign aid in developing countries would be to set things up to our mutual advantage kind of like the Chinese do, though I'm not saying we should completely emulate their model and I'd need to read more.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try not to get involved in/facilitate/bandwagon with WWIII, but of course protect our citizens abroad and offer emergency aid to countries in need, e.g. with the Australian fires, the Puerto Rico earthquake etc. On the topic of aid, I believe a smart use of foreign aid in developing countries would be to set things up to our mutual advantage kind of like the Chinese do, though I'm not saying we should completely emulate their model and I'd need to read more.

The Chinese model is soft imperialism - not very liberal of you.

How does dealing with belligerent Iran cause WWIII by any means other than in the delusions of hysterical pacifists?
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

The Chinese model of giving you a loan to exclusively hire Chinese companies to build things unnecessary to your country?

Such as building a dam in the earthquake zone in Ecuador, and now controlling its oil production?

Giving a loan to Sri Lanka to pay China and now owning its port?

Upholding oppressive governments such as that of Cambodia's or Venezuela's?

These six African countries who are now starting to be colonized by China?

Bribing Pakistan so they stop talking about the million plus Muslims locked up in China?

Or buying Maldives's sovereignty?

Giving Angola a loan to hire Chinese companies to build a ghost town?

Asking Mexico to pay 6 times of the original cost for cancelling a Chinese project?

In Myanmar, supporting its genocidal regime while at the same time undermining them by supporting their secessionists?

Infiltrating Taiwan?

Attempting to take over the Australian government?

And spending all of these money to build an empire while its own citizens suffer from the lack of healthcare, its cities going bankrupt, and the country as a whole suffering from one of the worst debt crises in the world?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Chinese model is soft imperialism - not very liberal of you.
On the topic of aid, I believe a smart use of foreign aid in developing countries would be to set things up to our mutual advantage kind of like the Chinese do, though I'm not saying we should completely emulate their model and I'd need to read more.
Plus who said I need to be 100% liberal on everything?

How does dealing with belligerent Iran cause WWIII by any means other than in the delusions of hysterical pacifists?
I'm not really sure what you're asking here, or indeed even if you're really asking a question at all.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not really sure what you're asking here, or indeed even if you're really asking a question at all.
did you respond to me
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Yes it will be sent to division. x
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Yes it will be sent to division. x
He’s back. Like the **** terminator.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He’s back. Like the **** terminator.
Let's set fire to tears.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
did you respond to me
Not with that line
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads