The Student Room Group

Dsa

I have applied for dsa though my student finance but not sure how it works. I suffer from Anxiety, derepression, collapsed disc in my lower back and sciatica. Do dsa only provide equipment or thing like this for the disability and not direct money to your account ?
Original post by Kitten123
I have applied for dsa though my student finance but not sure how it works. I suffer from Anxiety, derepression, collapsed disc in my lower back and sciatica. Do dsa only provide equipment or thing like this for the disability and not direct money to your account ?

its not direct money to you, it's for equipment and human support like a mental health mentor.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
its not direct money to you, it's for equipment and human support like a mental health mentor.

I don’t need any equipment so I should bother right ? Would if help with cost of me going to uni ? Or am I better off just applying for pip ?
I don’t need any equipment so I should bother right ? Would if help with cost of me going to uni ? Or am I better off just applying for pip ?

it wont help you with the cost at all but i would still apply for it, you could get a mental health mentor paid for which could be helpful
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
it wont help you with the cost at all but i would still apply for it, you could get a mental health mentor paid for which could be helpful

That sounds like a good idea, do you think I should also apply for pip (DLA) as I need help with getting to uni because I’d my condition I can’t walk long distances or sit and stand for more that 15mins at a time
That sounds like a good idea, do you think I should also apply for pip (DLA) as I need help with getting to uni because I’d my condition I can’t walk long distances or sit and stand for more that 15mins at a time

look up pip calculators to see if you have enough points to try applying.
Reply 6

PIP and DSA deal with different things and PIP is a lot harder to get than DSA is.
If you need help with getting to uni then DSA can help because the have allowances for travel and special travel needs etc. Also, a Study Needs Assessment can pick up thing that the assessor believes can help you in various areas that you might not have thought of. It wouldn't prevent you applying for PiP anyway, they are different things.

Quick Reply

Latest