Glittermuke
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m doing an access to nursing and other health care professions course but I’m 17 anyways, I’m thinking of either doing mental health nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy or social work. Thoughts? Advice???
Savvvy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you had work experience in any of these?

Actually experiencing what the job is like will be a great help in your decision. Visiting university open days with nursing/physio courses is also a good idea as they usually have students available to talk to.

Personally I disliked the idea of becoming a nurse after doing some work experience in a hospital and having a long conversation with a MHN at an open day.
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Savvvy)
Have you had work experience in any of these?

Actually experiencing what the job is like will be a great help in your decision. Visiting university open days with nursing/physio courses is also a good idea as they usually have students available to talk to.

Personally I disliked the idea of becoming a nurse after doing some work experience in a hospital and having a long conversation with a MHN at an open day.
I haven’t but I’ve seen some day in the life videos. I like the job of a mental health nurse. I’m mostly torn between that and social work
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Glittermuke,

Here at the University of Lincoln we offer undergraduate courses in both Health and Social Care and Mental Health Nursing. We are ranked in the top 20 UK universities in the Guardian University Guide 2020.

Why not come to one of our Open Days?

An open day is a great way to get an insight into the university and speak to students and staff about the courses that interest you. We have several Undergraduate Open Days coming up, with the next one being on the 28th September. You can find out more and book onto one of our Open Days here.

If you want to explore our campus and discover Lincoln before you arrive, check out our Virtual Open Day.

We hope to see you soon!

Daisy
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Lincoln)
Hi Glittermuke,

Here at the University of Lincoln we offer undergraduate courses in both Health and Social Care and Mental Health Nursing. We are ranked in the top 20 UK universities in the Guardian University Guide 2020.

Why not come to one of our Open Days?

An open day is a great way to get an insight into the university and speak to students and staff about the courses that interest you. We have several Undergraduate Open Days coming up, with the next one being on the 28th September. You can find out more and book onto one of our Open Days here.

If you want to explore our campus and discover Lincoln before you arrive, check out our Virtual Open Day.

We hope to see you soon!

Daisy
That sounds great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (94)
68.12%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
19.57%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
12.32%

Watched Threads