The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

The Official Prifysgol Bangor University Applicants' Thread 2020

This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:
(Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.)

You can check out a list of other applicants threads here.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How do I get to Bangor from London???
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by MickLeo19

Train or coach are the two most common options.
Original post by MickLeo19

Direct trains from Euston (or change at Crewe/Chester), or National Express from Victoria (change at Birmingham). Otherwise drive via M6 and across the A55.
Reply 4
What course have you applied for: I applied for psychology last year and I’m going there 2020 for psychology!!

My alevels grades finished at D*, A* A B
Reply 5
Applied for BSC Marine Biology/Zoology and got an unconditional offer 2 days ago!
Applied for Childhood and Youth Studies and got an unconditional offer this week🥰
Got an offer for Philosophy and Religion this week!
I've applied to Bangor (of course), Gloucester, Brighton, MMU and Bath Spa
And I'm currently taking psychology, sociology and biology! :smile:
I’ve applied for Marine Biology and Oceanography. I’m a mature student and will be 24 when I start the course. :smile:
Reply 9
What course are you applying for: Zoology with Marine Zoology
What universities are you thinking of: Bangor, Manchester, Exeter, aberystwyth
A level/BTEC predicted grades: B,C, Merit
GCSE and AS grades: 6's, 5's and 4's
Extra curriculars: Scouts, all 3 DofE's, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, running, hiking : ))

Cannot wait to see people there! I'm so excited to join this uni as my first choice!! <3
(edited 4 years ago)
What course are you applying for: Nursing
What universities are you thinking of: Bangor, Chester, Liverpool, Cardiff
A Level/BTEC predicted grades: idk, but my BTEC first grade is D*D
GCSE and AS grades: 11c's, 1 b
Extra curricular: Skills competition, summer residential uni

I've sent my application before the xmas holiday but still haven't got any reply from Bangor Uni. I was wondering in how long do they take to reply and give offers?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by rooosseeee
What course are you applying for: Nursing
What universities are you thinking of: Bangor, Chester, Liverpool, Cardiff
A Level/BTEC predicted grades: idk, but my BTEC first grade is D*D
GCSE and AS grades: 11c's, 1 b
Extra curricular: Skills competition, summer residential uni

I've sent my application before the xmas holiday but still haven't got any reply from Bangor Uni. I was wondering in how long do they take to reply and give offers?

took bangor just under a month for my offer 😊
Reply 12
I've got an offer from bangor for geography and physical geography and oceanography. Think i'm going to just go with geography though to avoid the physics and chemistry! Planning to go to the applicant day on the 15th Feb
Original post by ellieez
I've got an offer from bangor for geography and physical geography and oceanography. Think i'm going to just go with geography though to avoid the physics and chemistry! Planning to go to the applicant day on the 15th Feb

Congratulations 😊 I'm planning to go to that applicant day too😊
Reply 14
Original post by chloebird1
Congratulations 😊 I'm planning to go to that applicant day too😊

what course are you looking at?
Original post by ellieez
what course are you looking at?

Childhood and Youth Studies 😊
Reply 16
Applied to Bangor for History with Film and History and Film(joint hons.) I’ve also applied to Liverpool Hope, Nottingham Trent and Huddersfield, but Bangor’s the only one I’m actually hoping for. :smile:
I've applied for forensic psychology and I haven't heard back yet. I'm an international student from the US with a 1240 SAT and APs at 3, 4, and (predicted) 4. I can't wait to see if I get an offer :smile:
I've applied for Psychology at Bangor uni (which is my 1st/2nd choice) and thankfully got an offer! I currently take Psychology, Religious Studies, Applied Business and English Language & Literature.
Original post by alicedyson
I've applied for Psychology at Bangor uni (which is my 1st/2nd choice) and thankfully got an offer! I currently take Psychology, Religious Studies, Applied Business and English Language & Literature.

Congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Latest