King's College London (KCL) ~ Accommodation for 2020 Entry

Watch
mimz123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all, looking for a student to take over my studio contract at Urbanest Westminster Bridge. All utilities included, room includes private bathroom and kitchen. Room has amazing views of Big Ben and Westminster Bridge.

Message if interested.
ibidem123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, do you know whether it's possible to apply for accommodation if I have not yet firmed or second-choiced KCL? I am still waiting for Edinburgh to respond
notveryoriginal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibidem123)
Hi, do you know whether it's possible to apply for accommodation if I have not yet firmed or second-choiced KCL? I am still waiting for Edinburgh to respond
You can only apply if they’re your firm, they’re kinda strict about it. If they’re your insurance, they’re not obligated to offer you accommodation
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Is Great Dover Street a good accommodation (in terms of social life and quality)?
alenaabraham
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone!

I have a room at Wolfson House I would like to rent out from the 5th May to the 15th August 2020. It is a single room with 3 shared bathrooms across the floor and a shared kitchen.The location is very convenient, it is a 3 minute walk from Guys campus, right opposite London Bridge station and close to Borough market. The pricing is very reasonable compared to other KCL residences.

You can find out more information about the residence here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/.../wolfson-house
Please mail me if you want more details and your interested!

Thanks
Michael820
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone, I will be 17 when I sign the license agreement for the accommodation, but I will turn 18 over the summer and be 18 when I start the course in September. However KCL website says that those under 18 can only select the Great Dover Street Apartments and the Stamford Street Apartments.
Can I still select other accommodation as I'll be 18 once I start my course?
notveryoriginal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Michael820)
Hello everyone, I will be 17 when I sign the license agreement for the accommodation, but I will turn 18 over the summer and be 18 when I start the course in September. However KCL website says that those under 18 can only select the Great Dover Street Apartments and the Stamford Street Apartments.
Can I still select other accommodation as I'll be 18 once I start my course?
Yeah. It means whether you’ll be 18 once you start
Abbie.healy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I’m really struggling to register for accommodation as I cannot enter the portal. Could you please help me to find the correct KCL ID and register please.
Abbie.healy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by deardream)
I logged onto my accomodation portal but it's telling me to either view my offer to manage my stay which I can do neither of because I'm an upcoming student?

It's probably because the website hasn't updated to new applicants and application hasn't begun but this is really confusing me because it makes it look like I'm supposed to already have a house...
Hi, how did you manage to log in to the portal and register. I am not sure what my KCL id is and when I used the number on my offer letter says it is incorrect.
Abbie.healy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by msm14)
[ltr]I emailed King’s Residences for information about accommodation and they said that the site should be up in March, as opposed to the usual January. [/ltr]
What is the email address ?
Abbie.healy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fib000)
Mine does that aswell, and if I click view my offer then it says that I don’t have an offer... I’m literally just gonna cross this bridge in March
Hi could you please tell me how you managed to log in to the portal and register because I have tried and all the if numbers I’ve used are saying incorrect, and I’m not sure if I need to set a new password. I’m just stressing because I feel like I’m really late to registering.
satsun
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, anyone on here with an offer to study PPE what were your offer entry requirements, any below the asking bar?
Michael820
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by notveryoriginal)
Yeah. It means whether you’ll be 18 once you start
So I'll be able to choose accommodation like Atlas or Tower bridge even though I'm currently 17?
Emma0514
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,
In the precess of accommodation application (in the website, you can see 4steps to apply for accommodation), after the first step which is to register my interest in accommodation, should I wait for two weeks in order to move to the second step?

They said “Within two weeks of registration you’ll receive an invitation email. The email will contain a date and time from which you can access the accommodation portal to book your room.”

I haven’t received any email yet, so I am worried if I miss something else.
username5050428
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emma0514)
Hello,
In the precess of accommodation application (in the website, you can see 4steps to apply for accommodation), after the first step which is to register my interest in accommodation, should I wait for two weeks in order to move to the second step?

They said “Within two weeks of registration you’ll receive an invitation email. The email will contain a date and time from which you can access the accommodation portal to book your room.”

I haven’t received any email yet, so I am worried if I miss something else.
I asked them about this and they said they are delayed in sending out emails because of the Coronavirus. I personally got about 4 emails today with the date for my registration for accommodation but I’m not sure that everyone will have the same date.
If you are unsure, you can always send them an email and they will get back to you.
Emma0514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by msm14)
I asked them about this and they said they are delayed in sending out emails because of the Coronavirus. I personally got about 4 emails today with the date for my registration for accommodation but I’m not sure that everyone will have the same date.
If you are unsure, you can always send them an email and they will get back to you.
Thanks for letting me know
I didn’t get any emails. I got only one email after I finished step one. Could you share why they sent emails briefly?
And when did you apply for? I applied for accommodation 21 March.

Thanks,
username5050428
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emma0514)
Thanks for letting me know
I didn’t get any emails. I got only one email after I finished step one. Could you share why they sent emails briefly?
And when did you apply for? I applied for accommodation 21 March.

Thanks,
I applied for accommodation on the 16th, making their response exactly 2 weeks later. I don’t know why I received 4 emails, but it was probably a bug.
Emma0514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by msm14)
I applied for accommodation on the 16th, making their response exactly 2 weeks later. I don’t know why I received 4 emails, but it was probably a bug.
Thanks 😉
ibidem123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by satsun)
Hello, anyone on here with an offer to study PPE what were your offer entry requirements, any below the asking bar?
Hi, I got the offer for PPE, I believe it's a standard offer for the IB DP: 35, 7/6/6 and 6 in Maths
ibidem123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And do you know maybe whether the KCL accommodation is 'first come first served'? I am really worried that I am taking too long to firm king's ://
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (144)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (435)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (333)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (411)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (137)
4.63%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (179)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.62%
Financial worries (109)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (159)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (280)
9.46%

Watched Threads