The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smalltofu
Hi there,

I am actually considering Moonraker Point and intercollegiate halls.

My first choice would be
-Stamford street apartment,
-Followed by Moonraker Point,
-I am still deciding between other kings residences and intercollegiate halls.

My course (Politics) is located at Strand Campus. Hence... am trying to find a hall that is around that area. :smile:

I’m also considering Stamford street and Moonraker Point
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by louise2002
I’m also considering Stamford street and Moonraker Point

Moonraker Point is quite pricy relative to Stamford Street Apartments but the quality of the rooms and amenities (such as the shared spaces) seem really nice!
Hi,
I'm looking at accommodation but would like to have a student's perspective. Having access to a large, good quality shared kitchen is really important to me as I love to cook and will prepare all of my own meals. Which accommodation would be recommended?
Original post by ibstudent16
Moonraker Point is quite pricy relative to Stamford Street Apartments but the quality of the rooms and amenities (such as the shared spaces) seem really nice!

Yeh I agree it really is pricey but I just like the social spaces and the rooms more. I’m also looking at gds as it’s like Stamford street but also has the gym
Please someone help!! I’ve been trying to register for a slot for accommodation and I put in my portal number and it’s said it sent me a temporary password but I never receive it???
Reply 65
Original post by louise2002
Yeh I agree it really is pricey but I just like the social spaces and the rooms more. I’m also looking at gds as it’s like Stamford street but also has the gym

SSA also has a gym !!
Does anyone know how many hall options we get to put down when registering for accommodation? And are certain halls prioritized over others? (ie. If I put Moonraker Point as my #1 choice, and Stamford Street Apartments as my 2nd choice, is it more likely I'll get Moonraker?)
Reply 67
Does anyone know how many hall options we get to put down when registering for accommodation? And are certain halls prioritized over others? (ie. If I put Moonraker Point as my #1 choice, and Stamford Street Apartments as my 2nd choice, is it more likely I'll get Moonraker?)

Once you have access to book your room you wont need to select preferences you will just need to select the room you want. You will then be sent a contract for this room immediately afterwards this room you have selected will then be yours.
Reply 68
Original post by xoxo160702
Please someone help!! I’ve been trying to register for a slot for accommodation and I put in my portal number and it’s said it sent me a temporary password but I never receive it???

You might be putting the wrong user name in. it's the Student Number at the top of your offer letter. if this is the one you put try checking your junk email
Original post by galaxy,
Once you have access to book your room you wont need to select preferences you will just need to select the room you want. You will then be sent a contract for this room immediately afterwards this room you have selected will then be yours.

So does this mean you only get to put down one room option in one hall when registering for accomodation?
Reply 70
So does this mean you only get to put down one room option in one hall when registering for accomodation?

Exactly, you sign the contract for the room immediately so whichever you choose
Has anyone booked their room? I got the invitation to book for the 16th of April I believe, even though I registered on the day it opened so I was wondering if KCL is just taking a long time booking accommodation this year or if my application for residence just took more time for some reason..
Reply 72
Original post by deardream
Has anyone booked their room? I got the invitation to book for the 16th of April I believe, even though I registered on the day it opened so I was wondering if KCL is just taking a long time booking accommodation this year or if my application for residence just took more time for some reason..

I think the first date to book is on the 13th, I also have an invitation for the 16th ((:
Original post by Michael820
Hello everyone, I will be 17 when I sign the license agreement for the accommodation, but I will turn 18 over the summer and be 18 when I start the course in September. However KCL website says that those under 18 can only select the Great Dover Street Apartments and the Stamford Street Apartments.
Can I still select other accommodation as I'll be 18 once I start my course?

Hi, Im also in the same situation. I am 17 right now but will be turning 18 during the summer, and will be 18 when I start my course. I really hope I can get more than the two options that they have given me (SSA & GDSA) because my top choice is Moonraker Point :frown: I heard SSA is super run down...
Hi, Im also in the same situation. I am 17 right now but will be turning 18 during the summer, and will be 18 when I start my course. I really hope I can get more than the two options that they have given me (SSA & GDSA) because my top choice is Moonraker Point :frown: I heard SSA is super run down...

I messaged KCL about this during their live chat and they said that if you're 18 when the COURSE STARTS, then you're able to choose the full range
Original post by Michael820
I messaged KCL about this during their live chat and they said that if you're 18 when the COURSE STARTS, then you're able to choose the full range

Does this mean the accommodation portal will allow me to book a room in a hall other than SSA & GDSA?
Does this mean the accommodation portal will allow me to book a room in a hall other than SSA & GDSA?

I would think so as I mentioned that I was interested in Atlas.
Altas VS Vauxhall, anyone has an opinion or experience?
Original post by Anonymous
Altas VS Vauxhall, anyone has an opinion or experience?

I’ve heard that the Vauxhall area is not as nice/safe compared to other areas... they’re both one of the newly built accommodations and have nicer more modern facilities but I’d say the location isn’t ideal compared to SSA or Moonraker point
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve heard that the Vauxhall area is not as nice/safe compared to other areas... they’re both one of the newly built accommodations and have nicer more modern facilities but I’d say the location isn’t ideal compared to SSA or Moonraker point

Thanks for the info!!! I am an international student who has not been to the Vauxhall area before. I'd like to book a studio because I would love to have my own kitchen, yet Moonraker Point is a bit too expensive for me...