King's College London (KCL) ~ Accommodation for 2020 Entry

Watch
Michael820
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was thinking of Atlas or Tower Bridge, anyone else?
kurehao
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I received the temporary password, and I entered my student ID as username, then it shows:"We are sorry, but your authentication attempt has failed. Please contact the Housing Office for assistance."
I have already required several times for new passwords, and still not working.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
many thx...
Last edited by kurehao; 1 year ago
shnack
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How are the shared bathrooms like? I am debating between non-ensuite and ensuite because tbh I'm not entirely confident in managing the bathroom well. Also, the room will be more spacious if there is no bathroom.

Also, can someone please help me choose between:
1. Great Dover Street (Ensuite)
2. Wolfson House (Non-ensuite)
3. Moonraker Point (Ensuite)

I'll be a first year undergrad student and studying mostly near Guy's Campus thanks
notveryoriginal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Michael820)
I was thinking of Atlas or Tower Bridge, anyone else?
I think I’m gonna go for Atlas
notveryoriginal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibstudent16)
Does anyone know how many hall options we get to put down when registering for accommodation? And are certain halls prioritized over others? (ie. If I put Moonraker Point as my #1 choice, and Stamford Street Apartments as my 2nd choice, is it more likely I'll get Moonraker?)
(Original post by galaxy,)
I think the first date to book is on the 13th, I also have an invitation for the 16th ((:
Mine’s on the 13th (so today) but when I click the link in the email it says I don’t have permission to access it :’(
renari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
went in to book my accommodation this morning and the website was basically unusable for me an error message appeared anytime I tried to do anything and I was unable to book a room. I’ve emailed kings residences but I’m going to be extremely disappointed if this means i can’t get a room in one of my preferred halls
Student1202
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by notveryoriginal)
Mine’s on the 13th (so today) but when I click the link in the email it says I don’t have permission to access it :’(
You have to go through the website the link from the email doesnt work
Student1202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have people been given the option to choose Great Dover street and Stamford street?
notveryoriginal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student1202)
Have people been given the option to choose Great Dover street and Stamford street?
I wasn’t looking for them specifically but I don’t remember seeing them as an option. Also though, I found it quite difficult to pick the room I wanted when I put in parameters on the search thing. Better to just scroll through all options imho
grrammar.sc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by renari)
went in to book my accommodation this morning and the website was basically unusable for me an error message appeared anytime I tried to do anything and I was unable to book a room. I’ve emailed kings residences but I’m going to be extremely disappointed if this means i can’t get a room in one of my preferred halls
were you able to get the accommodation you wanted because the same thing happened to me
grrammar.sc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does anyone know if more accommodation will be available?
oobleck123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I phoned them up earlier. Apparently they stagger the release of accommodation, according to the helpline there will be more available tomorrow. I had the same problem as a lot of you. I couldn't actually get into the portal until 9.15 and by that point, all of the available rooms at Stamford Street were gone. Then I couldn't actually select the rooms which were available on Great Dover Street, my second choice, so I was just sitting there watching the number of rooms go down one by one. What a waste of time. I understand why they say the administration at King's is its weak point now.
grrammar.sc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by srosal1)
I phoned them up earlier. Apparently they stagger the release of accommodation, according to the helpline there will be more available tomorrow. I had the same problem as a lot of you. I couldn't actually get into the portal until 9.15 and by that point, all of the available rooms at Stamford Street were gone. Then I couldn't actually select the rooms which were available on Great Dover Street, my second choice, so I was just sitting there watching the number of rooms go down one by one. What a waste of time. I understand why they say the administration at King's is its weak point now.
ok thank you for this it was really helpful
Student1202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You said you could see great Dover street, are you already 18? Because I am not I should only be able to have great Dover street or Stanford street but neither were on there, I have booked Wolfson house because we dont want any other accommodations and cant afford them, do you reckon they will allow me to cancel and rebook if they become available?
oobleck123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student1202)
You said you could see great Dover street, are you already 18? Because I am not I should only be able to have great Dover street or Stanford street but neither were on there, I have booked Wolfson house because we dont want any other accommodations and cant afford them, do you reckon they will allow me to cancel and rebook if they become available?
I don't know if this helps but there is a 'manage booking/swap room' and a 'cancel' button so maybe you could check those out. They are pretty quick replying to emails and phone calls so maybe you could ring them up. to check. Good luck, I hope things work out for you!
Attached files
renari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks so much for sharing this ! Was really starting to panic there 😅
oobleck123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by renari)
Thanks so much for sharing this ! Was really starting to panic there 😅
no worries! I felt exactly the same.
Michael820
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oof I can't access the website until the 22nd, I hope they'll still be rooms left..
King01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the info. I was worried all rooms were already gone loool as i couldnt see any GDS ones. Do u know what time tomorrow they will release new rooms?
saberlancer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI everyone, I hope you are well. I was wondering if you received a confirmation for your accommodation place via email, is the only way to cancel your contract by emailing the kings residency team directly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads