The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lxc.ior
I will not defer.. we're talking about september guys uni is not starting any soon. The situation will necessarily get better in 4 months, obviously there will be measures for prevention, but personally I dont think deferring is the right choice.. at least for me

It sucks that first years won't get freshers or any introduction to typical uni life in the midst of all this... not that freshers is the most important thing during this pandemic but it still is a bummer
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
It sucks that first years won't get freshers or any introduction to typical uni life in the midst of all this... not that freshers is the most important thing during this pandemic but it still is a bummer

Maybe, maybe not. With so much uncertainty, I think we'll just have to wait and see as to how everything turns out. Hoping for the best.

yeah I know, but lets be optimistic, it won't necessarily go like this. We dont know how things will evolve in 4 months, it's a bunch of time. Im sure things will get better. Now we're in the most critical phase of the pandemic, but in september we won't, so we should wait and see
(edited 4 years ago)
Maybe, maybe not. With so much uncertainty, I think we'll just have to wait and see as to how everything turns out. Hoping for the best.

Yeah thats what I think, there's no certainties right now, so we can only hope for the best and wait

Didn’t they say today vaccines will start on Thursday or trials anyway, people didn’t think we’d have one for months
Hey,
I received a conditional offer for International Business undergrad
Original post by Anonymous1037482
Didn’t they say today vaccines will start on Thursday or trials anyway, people didn’t think we’d have one for months

No thye've only just developed it, but it'll take months for them to test and trial it and make sure it's not harmful, and the process repeats for months until at least middle of next year. By then cases will have decreased a lot more because we're not relying on a vaccine now to cure people - they're being treated with antiviral medication now and that's working. Vaccination will be used to reduce something like this happening again, but because there's so many cases now and more people are recovering than dying from it, eventually the majority of people will be immune to it
I’ve got an offer for neuroscience and psychology but I was wondering how I could change careers to do law
(edited 4 years ago)
Heyyyyyy anyone who wants to be friends can hmu x
Original post by baggagedood
I’ve got an offer for neuroscience and psychology but I was wondering how I could change careers to do law

thats a big change. i believe you would have to decline all your choices and reapply next year. or you may be able to apply through clearing
Reply 390

ngl i don't think freshers in london universities are the same as other universities because you aren't just surrounded by universities students when you go out, there are like other old people there too - at least thats what my sister told me and she goes to UCL
Reply 391
Original post by ClayJensen817
Heyyyyyy anyone who wants to be friends can hmu x

sure what are you applying for? x
Original post by 15Fung
sure what are you applying for? x

Physics with Philosophy. You?
Reply 393
Original post by ttg18
Anyone else get a reduced offer for International Relations (before corona)? Entry requirements are A*AA but got given AAB. Is this common?

reposting cause I’m really curious. I thought kings for IR was really hard to get into ..
Original post by 15Fung
ngl i don't think freshers in london universities are the same as other universities because you aren't just surrounded by universities students when you go out, there are like other old people there too - at least thats what my sister told me and she goes to UCL

Yes that true, I guess that’s the trade-off for attending a city university rather than campus universities. But I still think freshers week is a great opportunity to meet new ppl and it’s a bummer that first years won’t be able to experience it. I’m sure KCL will figure out an alternative tho
For those who booked and been on the website, has there been Moonraker Point ensuite rooms available?
Yes that true, I guess that’s the trade-off for attending a city university rather than campus universities. But I still think freshers week is a great opportunity to meet new ppl and it’s a bummer that first years won’t be able to experience it. I’m sure KCL will figure out an alternative tho

Nah we are protesting if we dont get freshers. Why attend a top 50 uni in the world if we cant even celebrate?!!
For those who booked and been on the website, has there been Moonraker Point ensuite rooms available?

Yes
Original post by ClayJensen817
Nah we are protesting if we dont get freshers. Why attend a top 50 uni in the world if we cant even celebrate?!!

Try to be optimistic. Im sure we will get freshers.. just let the pandemic do its course. In 4 months things will change and the situation will get better. Normality will come again, just with a few security measures. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate together!
Original post by 15Fung

That's true, probably it would be like attending secondary school haha x)
The ULife won't be the same as the campus uni

Latest