How awkward is it living with your ex? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Me and my partner broke up, and we have to stay living together for a few reasons.
1. I don't work, she doesn't want me to until I'm out of education for my mental health and so I can focus on this.
2. She wouldn't want to kick me out because I'd have to give up on my goals and move back home which is hours away.
3. She thinks that we would be fine living together, as do I. But you never know until it happens.
4. We think we could be friends, we never want to be out of eachothers lives completely.

Does anyone have experience of living with their ex?? Can it work out fine if you are both civil and still friends, even if it takes a bit of time to be friends again?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My best friend has been living with her ex-fiancé for several months now. It is unbelievably awkward for them. They're not going to be friends once they finally settle things regarding their house. He wants to; she knows it won't work.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
My best friend has been living with her ex-fiancé for several months now. It is unbelievably awkward for them. They're not going to be friends once they finally settle things regarding their house. He wants to; she knows it won't work.
Yeah as soon as I can get out of there I'm going to. It's going to be another 10 months-1 year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads