Eat sweets or be sweet? Glaz learns how to be a nice hooman Watch

Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! It's me again! Some of you know me as the "this thread is x years old" guy, others know me as the witty sarcy guy. For those of you who don't know me, I'm the cuddly panda of TSR who will forever be here and forever be your friend!
As some of you know, I have the Whiny Blog™, which I jot down quick thoughts. However, I want to start this blog, where I will do more in-depth studies into being nice and not being an annoying pain in the ass.

I'll try to update as often as I can, but given that these are going to be long, they won't be too often.

I'll be using the following format:
Something nice I've done for someone
Something nice someone's done for me
Something I've done to look after myself and my mental health
Best thing that's happened today
Worst thing that's happened today
Something to look forward to
Something I said today (joke/sarcy comment/whatever)
Anything else

So yeah! Try to enjoy!
Last edited by Glaz; 1 month ago
Glaz
Rep:
?
Hey guys! It's been a while but here's my first update.

Helped someone in my class with her math homework. I ****ed it up, so hopefully she's not too pissed at me.
JA gave me a Snickers bar which was also yummy but I had two bars of chocolate in the space of an hour which sucks
IH gave me her hairband. I needed to tie my hair back for a biology investigation and my hairband had broke, so she told me to borrow hers, and at the end of the lesson I gave it back to her and she told me to keep it.
Really nice of both of them :love:
Had some lunch :ninja: which is something I rarely do. Teriyaki flavoured pot noodles :yum: That was really cool, and I also had a brownie :yy:
Managed to do a ****ton of homework in my frees today. Also finished my UCAS application. Tomorrow I'm seeing my biology teacher to talk about my grades and the section of my reference which she's writing. I also need to email my form tutor my personal statement so she can write the rest of my reference.
****ed up my math homework even though I thought I did it well. To be honest I was doing it while watching Netflix so it's on me, but still, I thought I really understood that topic, so I was pissed that I messed it up.
Seeing Hamilton in 2 weeks :woo: I'm super excited because my sister bought us tickets for my birthday and we'll be seeing it together, which is awesome - I rarely get to see her so that'll be super duper cool.
I have said absolutely nothing today - I've spent all my frees in the cafe by myself doing various homeworks so I didn't really get a chance to speak to other people (not that I'm complaining)
Might be getting a job at Christmas. There's a vacancy at my local Game store for a temporary job at Christmas to help with busy Christmas sales. I'd really love to get that job because I hang around at Game loads so all I need to do is find my CV from somewhere (I have no idea where it is) and then send my application off. Hopefully I'll get it 😬😬. That'll be my first job. I also am in need of a new phone so I can start saving for that.
I've started saving so I can get Black Ops 4 and Modern Warfare, I'll save for them first and hopefully I'll have that amount in a couple months, then I can start saving for a phone, hopefully I'll be able to get the iPhone 8. I'm stuck with a 5S at the moment and it's super slow and it has no space left so if I can get a new one that'll be great. My dad has a friend who sells second-hand phones and because they're friends he can get discounts, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Posting to subscribe! :hugs:

I can't actually read the yellow text properly unless I highlight it, just as a heads up in case anyone else is struggling with that
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
23/9/19 17:32

Hey guys! It's been a while but here's my first update.

Helped someone in my class with her math homework. I ****ed it up, so hopefully she's not too pissed at me.
JA gave me a Snickers bar which was also yummy but I had two bars of chocolate in the space of an hour which sucks
IH gave me her hairband. I needed to tie my hair back for a biology investigation and my hairband had broke, so she told me to borrow hers, and at the end of the lesson I gave it back to her and she told me to keep it.
Really nice of both of them :love:
Had some lunch :ninja: which is something I rarely do. Teriyaki flavoured pot noodles :yum: That was really cool, and I also had a brownie :yy:
Managed to do a ****ton of homework in my frees today. Also finished my UCAS application. Tomorrow I'm seeing my biology teacher to talk about my grades and the section of my reference which she's writing. I also need to email my form tutor my personal statement so she can write the rest of my reference.
****ed up my math homework even though I thought I did it well. To be honest I was doing it while watching Netflix so it's on me, but still, I thought I really understood that topic, so I was pissed that I messed it up.
Seeing Hamilton in 2 weeks :woo: I'm super excited because my sister bought us tickets for my birthday and we'll be seeing it together, which is awesome - I rarely get to see her so that'll be super duper cool.
I have said absolutely nothing today - I've spent all my frees in the cafe by myself doing various homeworks so I didn't really get a chance to speak to other people (not that I'm complaining)
Might be getting a job at Christmas. There's a vacancy at my local Game store for a temporary job at Christmas to help with busy Christmas sales. I'd really love to get that job because I hang around at Game loads so all I need to do is find my CV from somewhere (I have no idea where it is) and then send my application off. Hopefully I'll get it 😬😬. That'll be my first job. I also am in need of a new phone so I can start saving for that.
I've started saving so I can get Black Ops 4 and Modern Warfare, I'll save for them first and hopefully I'll have that amount in a couple months, then I can start saving for a phone, hopefully I'll be able to get the iPhone 8. I'm stuck with a 5S at the moment and it's super slow and it has no space left so if I can get a new one that'll be great. My dad has a friend who sells second-hand phones and because they're friends he can get discounts, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.
Will you be very sweet and post on here after you have seen Hamilton to tell us what it's like? I'm thinking of getting tickets for a family Christmas present but it's sooooo expensive
Glaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Will you be very sweet and post on here after you have seen Hamilton to tell us what it's like? I'm thinking of getting tickets for a family Christmas present but it's sooooo expensive
I definitely shall :yes:
Glaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Posting to subscribe! :hugs:

I can't actually read the yellow text properly unless I highlight it, just as a heads up in case anyone else is struggling with that
eek I shall change it!
Prussianxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tried watching but the app crashed so posting instead
Last edited by Prussianxo; 1 month ago
Glaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prussianxo)
Tried watching but the app crashed so posting instead
:rip:
Glaz
Rep:
?
Helped my friend with a math question she was stuck on.
Fleur spoke to me, which is super duper nice. For those of you who don't know the story, I was best friends with her in year 7 but then I moved school. I recently found out that she goes to the same sixth form as me. We were going to meet up at some point but she didn't turn up, which then gave me an anxiety attack whenever I wanted to message her after that. But today she said hi which is sooo coooooooool!
I've been up until 1am the past 2 nights doing homework and it's almost done. Might need to work until like 11 or 12 tonight but then I'll be all done and caught up which is great. I've also come to the reason that I royally ****ed up my AS year and was super lazy and treated it like it wasn't a big deal, but now I know that I need good grades, and I'm going to work super hard this year and hopefully do well!
Managed to get out of PE. I've been skipping PE since year 7 and no one's cared, but today was sports day, and everyone had to participate, but I managed to get out of it. Gave myself an anxiety attack explaining that doing sports at school makes my anxiety works, but hey, I got out of it.
I also managed to hand in all the homework I've done so far to my B (my biology teacher who hates me) and she said that I did well, which is great because she's never complimented me before.
Got a double detention because I left school without signing out. Fun times :yy:
Also I'm doing work in the library but there's a year 7 lesson in here at the same time and they're SO ****ING LOUD SHUT THE **** UP. Your teacher is literally screaming at you to shut up so just shut up. I'm either getting a headache from having 30 year 7s and a very loud teacher shout in the same room as me, or getting a headache from the music being so loud to drown them out. Like, I love loud music but I cannot hear myself think.
I've been going to one concert every year since 2015 and I haven't been able to find anything this year, which sucks
Dysphoria sucks :cry:
Hamilton in 12 days! I'm gonna get a hoodie so next time I see Lucy we'll be able to wear matching hoodies :love:
Not really something I said in particular but just talking to Fleur was super awesome so yeah that whole conversation
Still need to write my CV. I had one from a couple months ago, but I can't find it anywhere, so probably I'm gonna have to start on a new one.
My "money saving for COD" game is awful - I ended up buying a bunch of badge-pin-thingys off Amazon, and while I'm not complaining (they're awesome), I also need my COD

Spoiler:
Show
shadowdweller how's the new yellow? :ninja:
Glaz
Rep:
?
Haven't really done anything nice for anyone, been trying to avoid people for a while, don't really know why, I just don't feel like it :ninja:
Fleur listened to my whiny rants which was great. Usually I just rant to people and either I get an "oof" or a "rip" or a "deal with it", and it just felt so good that someone actually listened and talked back to me. Even though I just ended up apologising for like an hour (yeah that's something I do I can't stop saying sorry) she still listened and talked to me and I actually felt better!
Had a rant, see above
Talked to Fleur. (Yes I know I keep going on about her but talking to her makes me so happy)
Also I was MVP in badminton club
Detention 1 - did math homework but forgot to bring it in
Detention 2 - left college early (even though I had no lessons)
Detention 3 - had phone out while leaving college
Life is fun, isn't it
Sister's coming on Saturday, seeing Hamilton on Monday
Haven't really spoken today, just had math and I have frees for the rest of the day and I don't really want to talk to anyone so pretty much the only thing I've said to anyone is "what the **** kind of question is this"
Bunked off school yesterday, got out of biology homework, Spanish homework, a Spanish exam and a detention so I'm very proud of me
Unfortunately, I have to do my Spanish exam today lunch time
Glaz
Rep:
?
Bold of you to assume I am a nice person
My Spanish and biology teachers are working to try and help me catch up with all the work that I missed. I went to my head of year and basically had a breakdown talking about how far behind I am and how ****ed I am, and she helped me go to my subject teachers and talk to them to try and sort everything out - which is awesome because hopefully now it'll be less crazy and stressful.
As above - I'm having 40% less of a breakdown than I was an hour ago which is awesome
As above
Spanish teacher gave me a detention - she said even though she understands that I'm being stressed out by all of it, I still haven't done the work so that sucks :sadnod:
My sister's going back to Edinburgh today and I won't see her until Christmas :cry:
Nothing
All my speaking has been singing Hamilton songs in my head mkay?
HAMILTON WAS ****ING AWESOME HOLY **** HOOOOOOOOLY **** THAT WAS SO GOOD LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER OMGGGGGGGGGGG harrysbar YOU MUST SEE IT IT WILL BE THE BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Tried to stop my mate from doing weird stuff while hammered :afraid:
I went to the GP a few days ago and I managed to bring up that I was trans and everything and she said she would refer me to a GIC and that's so awesome because hopefully this'll be the start to actually transitioning and being amazing :teeth:
Same as above
Same as above
Got a detention :yawn:
Going to a GIC and sorting everything out so hopefully everything'll start going well
Not said much tbh
Got Black Ops IIII and it's really good so that's great
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Tried to stop my mate from doing weird stuff while hammered :afraid:
I went to the GP a few days ago and I managed to bring up that I was trans and everything and she said she would refer me to a GIC and that's so awesome because hopefully this'll be the start to actually transitioning and being amazing :teeth:
Same as above
Same as above
Got a detention :yawn:
Going to a GIC and sorting everything out so hopefully everything'll start going well
Not said much tbh
Got Black Ops IIII and it's really good so that's great
Good stuff Glaz and btw, I just booked Hamilton tickets for January 3rd - a Christmas surprise gift for my husband, son and daughter - beats toiletries doesn't it?
Glaz
Rep:
?
Good stuff Glaz and btw, I just booked Hamilton tickets for January 3rd - a Christmas surprise gift for my husband, son and daughter - beats toiletries doesn't it?
Prepare yourself for the time of your life :heart:

Also, make sure that they all listen to the soundtrack beforehand. It's not a good idea for them to hear it on the first time on the night
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Prepare yourself for the time of your life :heart:

Also, make sure that they all listen to the soundtrack beforehand. It's not a good idea for them to hear it on the first time on the night
That's a good tip, thanks
(that's another good thing you've done today )
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Helped my friend with a math question she was stuck on.
Fleur spoke to me, which is super duper nice. For those of you who don't know the story, I was best friends with her in year 7 but then I moved school. I recently found out that she goes to the same sixth form as me. We were going to meet up at some point but she didn't turn up, which then gave me an anxiety attack whenever I wanted to message her after that. But today she said hi which is sooo coooooooool!
I've been up until 1am the past 2 nights doing homework and it's almost done. Might need to work until like 11 or 12 tonight but then I'll be all done and caught up which is great. I've also come to the reason that I royally ****ed up my AS year and was super lazy and treated it like it wasn't a big deal, but now I know that I need good grades, and I'm going to work super hard this year and hopefully do well!
Managed to get out of PE. I've been skipping PE since year 7 and no one's cared, but today was sports day, and everyone had to participate, but I managed to get out of it. Gave myself an anxiety attack explaining that doing sports at school makes my anxiety works, but hey, I got out of it.
I also managed to hand in all the homework I've done so far to my B (my biology teacher who hates me) and she said that I did well, which is great because she's never complimented me before.
Got a double detention because I left school without signing out. Fun times :yy:
Also I'm doing work in the library but there's a year 7 lesson in here at the same time and they're SO ****ING LOUD SHUT THE **** UP. Your teacher is literally screaming at you to shut up so just shut up. I'm either getting a headache from having 30 year 7s and a very loud teacher shout in the same room as me, or getting a headache from the music being so loud to drown them out. Like, I love loud music but I cannot hear myself think.
I've been going to one concert every year since 2015 and I haven't been able to find anything this year, which sucks
Dysphoria sucks :cry:
Hamilton in 12 days! I'm gonna get a hoodie so next time I see Lucy we'll be able to wear matching hoodies :love:
Not really something I said in particular but just talking to Fleur was super awesome so yeah that whole conversation
Still need to write my CV. I had one from a couple months ago, but I can't find it anywhere, so probably I'm gonna have to start on a new one.
My "money saving for COD" game is awful - I ended up buying a bunch of badge-pin-thingys off Amazon, and while I'm not complaining (they're awesome), I also need my COD
Only just seen that you were/have seen Hamilton. It's amazing isn't it? I'm not one for musicals but I absolutely loved it
Glaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deyesy)
Only just seen that you were/have seen Hamilton. It's amazing isn't it? I'm not one for musicals but I absolutely loved it
It's so good right?! I usually dislike musicals too but this is just awesome :teeth:
Glaz
Rep:
?
Currently crying because I miss my best friend
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Currently crying because I miss my best friend
Aw, when will you see them again? :console:
Glaz
Rep:
?
Aw, when will you see them again? :console:
No idea. I haven't seen her since July 2018 and she has a hella busy schedule so I have no idea :bawling:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (0)
0%
Unconditional if firmed (0)
0%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (1)
100%

Watched Threads