PGCE Secondary + QTS Teacher Trainee rights? Watch

very_452001
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I was told in a lecture that a pgce uni student are allowed 3 days off from university campus throughout the academic year. Ok that is understood.

Ok moving onto the separate part that is 120 Days QTS. What are the rights of the teacher trainee at placements in compared to workers rights below?:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/worker

Is there a set policy on how many days, for example how many days off allowed for sick days at placements? I understand teachers get good holidays already like terms off and 6 weeks summer holidays too like students however for unforeseen circumstances like sickness, generally speaking how many days off is allowed for this throughout the academic year and does this affect the bursary in anyway? Statutory sick pay?

Also what is the statutory minimum lunch break and are teachers allowed to work more than 48 hours per week?

Is the above mentioned usually contracted with the uni or with each school placement having their own contract with the teacher trainee?

I understand to get QTS a minimum of 120 days needs to be worked however for example if there's a few days missing due to sickness then is there a chance to make up the few missing days later on within the academic year?

Finally if rights are not given or violated then who to complain to? Uni or School?

Thanks,
Last edited by very_452001; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (137)
54.15%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.25%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.42%