JY98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wanting to know how much effort is required to do well on the LPC?

Also does everyone sort of pass? For example at degree level you only really needed to know the bare basics to get 40% so I am wondering how much work is required just to pass?
Lawgrad12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its very different from undergrad.

The content is not hard but they throw alot of information at you in such a short amount of time. If you do all the work they assign to you, then you will have no problem getting a distinction. I recently graduated with a distinction from studying the LPC/LLM full time. I was also working part time.

At University of Law, you need 70% or over to get a distinction. If you fail one of the core modules with credits, your grade will be capped at a pass. You need to concentrate hard throughout the year to achieve consistently high marks in every module
Last edited by Lawgrad12; 2 weeks ago
username2353215
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lawgrad12)
Its very different from undergrad.

The content is not hard but they throw alot of information at you in such a short amount of time. If you do all the work they assign to you, then you will have no problem getting a distinction. I recently graduated with a distinction from studying the LPC/LLM full time. I was also working part time.

At University of Law, you need 70% or over to get a distinction. If you fail one of the core modules with credits, your grade will be capped at a pass. You need to concentrate hard throughout the year to achieve consistently high marks in every module
This.

The LPC is not hard to get a grasp off and the workshop content is actually easy to understand IF you have done the reading and the relevant prep tasks. Now that is the hard bit as it takes a lot of time to complete.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.44%
No (209)
76.56%

Watched Threads