The Student Room Group

University choices

I've already chosen four of my uni options which I am quite sure of; durham, York, Lancaster and Kent. But I am confused on the last one; it'll either be Suffolk or Worcester, but I'm a bit stuck. As you can see from my other options, I do not enjoy drinking and the night life and would prefer quiet accommodation, so can anyone please advice which universities would be more suitable for this. Thank you.
Original post by KarimahG
I've already chosen four of my uni options which I am quite sure of; durham, York, Lancaster and Kent. But I am confused on the last one; it'll either be Suffolk or Worcester, but I'm a bit stuck. As you can see from my other options, I do not enjoy drinking and the night life and would prefer quiet accommodation, so can anyone please advice which universities would be more suitable for this. Thank you.

Hey!
So pleased that you're considering studying at Kent :smile: Just wanted to say, if you have any questions about Kent at all then please feel free to ask! I'm in my final year at Kent at the moment so I should be able to help with most questions.
Good luck with your university applications and A-levels :biggrin:
Worcester is a really nice small city dont know much about the university. Most universities will have drinkers and non drinkers. Have you thought of Exeter. I think one of their halls is a quiet one.
I went with my daughter for the open days, and we liked Leicester. It has Oadby student village. Very pretty and feels like your coming home as its 10 mins on the bus from uni. And the city centre is about a mile away from university.

What subject are you applying for and what are your predicted grades?
Reply 5
History, and AAA
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
What subject are you applying for and what are your predicted grades?

History and AAA
With those predicted grades you can do better for an insurance than Worcester and Suffolk. Kent will probably accept you below those and probably Lancaster too. Exeter does seem a good fit and if you are looking for somewhere quiet look into their Penryn campus.

History and AAA

AAA? You can find somewhere better than Suffolk or Worcester.... Exeter? Sheffield? Warwick?
I agree with Harrysbar on this. However if you are looking for small places you could look into Exeter's Penryn campus which is in a village four miles from the small town of Falmouth or the University of Wales Trinity St David's campus at Lampeter which is in a village miles from anywhere. However I think you will find some students everywhere who spend time drinking and that will happen whichever university you attend.

AAA? You can find somewhere better than Suffolk or Worcester.... Exeter? Sheffield? Warwick?
Reply 10

I’ve gone with Sheffield, thank you :smile:
I’ve gone with Sheffield, thank you :smile:

Oh good, it’s a nice Uni and city, Good Luck with your applications 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending