The Student Room Group

Course Confusion

I am currently on my second year of the Level 3 Animal Management course that I'm studying and I'm struggling with deciding what universities and courses to do next. I've decided that I definitely want to do higher education to give me that extra boost but figuring out what to do is proving difficult.

I'm really interested in animal conservation, more specifically being out in the field rescuing animals, releasing them back into the wild, taking steps to improve habitats, rehabilitating them and trying to protect them etc.

What course would be best for this? My predicted grades are DMM (112 UCAS points) so I'm looking at BSc mainly. I've looked into zoology but I'm aware that a lot of that is theory based and whilst it will be useful I'm not entirely sure if it will be the best course for me.

I've seen some courses that involve conservation however there are so many and so many different universities that I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

Does anyone have any advice? Done courses that are similar? Would appreciate any help
Original post by coraxolivia
I am currently on my second year of the Level 3 Animal Management course that I'm studying and I'm struggling with deciding what universities and courses to do next. I've decided that I definitely want to do higher education to give me that extra boost but figuring out what to do is proving difficult.

I'm really interested in animal conservation, more specifically being out in the field rescuing animals, releasing them back into the wild, taking steps to improve habitats, rehabilitating them and trying to protect them etc.

What course would be best for this? My predicted grades are DMM (112 UCAS points) so I'm looking at BSc mainly. I've looked into zoology but I'm aware that a lot of that is theory based and whilst it will be useful I'm not entirely sure if it will be the best course for me.

I've seen some courses that involve conservation however there are so many and so many different universities that I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

Does anyone have any advice? Done courses that are similar? Would appreciate any help

Maybe start at the beginning.

Get a piece of paper and work out the criteria of your ideal course.

Entry requirement.

Location, uni , city. social life, conservation opportunities, accommodation.

Course content and emphasis, facilities, interesting modules, quality of uni.

Pick your 20 most likely places you wouldnt mind spending 3 years. Look at each entry on the website and get it down to 10 and then sort them down to 5.
You might then wish to visit the unis to help you get an idea.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=animal+conservation&SearchSubmit=SearchSubmit&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&AcademicYearId=2020&RegionDistancePostcode=&DistanceFromPostcode=25mi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending