London Met failing international students on purpose? HELP Watch

californiagal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I needed 3 marks to pass and did a resubmission got no new marks and the whole entire course was bull****. My tutor retired and he was the one agreeing with my work the entire year. None of the tutors are qualified in my course they are from fine art and not my subject!

I pay international fees and it seems they wanted to fail me on purpose. How can I redo all 3 months of work and not receive even 3 mere marks to pass? They want me to repeat the year. Because I am on a visa I am stuc
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by californiagal)
I needed 3 marks to pass and did a resubmission got no new marks and the whole entire course was bull****. My tutor retired and he was the one agreeing with my work the entire year. None of the tutors are qualified in my course they are from fine art and not my subject!

I pay international fees and it seems they wanted to fail me on purpose. How can I redo all 3 months of work and not receive even 3 mere marks to pass? They want me to repeat the year. Because I am on a visa I am stuc
the examiners don't even know that you pay international fees.
californiagal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
the examiners don't even know that you pay international fees.
they do...im the only international in my course and i also mentioned how i wanted to transfer after this year and it seems they really did not want this to happen because they really failed me over 3 marks. they knew if i repeat the year i cant transfer out
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they do...im the only international in my course and i also mentioned how i wanted to transfer after this year and it seems they really did not want this to happen because they really failed me over 3 marks. they knew if i repeat the year i cant transfer out
3 marks, i get it and it sucks, but why would the examiners care? the fees don't even go to them.
californiagal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
3 marks, i get it and it sucks, but why would the examiners care? the fees don't even go to them.
i mean i want to believe its not malicious but how is it possible for me to not get any marks in resubmission? the examiners are my tutors...ever since i mentioned the transfer theyve been treating me differently and im not even saying this my whole course agreed that this is the case. even if my work is **** i couldve received 3 marks for redoing my work init? repeating the year for 3 marks?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i mean i want to believe its not malicious but how is it possible for me to not get any marks in resubmission? the examiners are my tutors...ever since i mentioned the transfer theyve been treating me differently and im not even saying this my whole course agreed that this is the case. even if my work is **** i couldve received 3 marks for redoing my work init? repeating the year for 3 marks?
idk, can't you appeal, or something?
californiagal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
idk, can't you appeal, or something?
thats what im trying to do but we enrol next week and as an international student if i dont enrol i can be kicked out of the country
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This obviously isn’t going to change anything but you should never mention to your current uni that you want to transfer at the start.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago

Then you have to make an official complaint.
You should have understood why you failed in the first place.
Go and speak to the advisor at the SU.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
have you filed your appeal?

call the appeals office and ask them what you should do. they may direct you to a different department (admissions? idk)

if you lose your appeal are you willing to repeat the year?
Last edited by Joleee; 1 month ago
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aren’t exams marked anonymously so that exactly this can’t happen?
Tyss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you resubmitted it and got no extra marks...wouldn't that just mean it wasn't any better?
grKiro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thats what im trying to do but we enrol next week and as an international student if i dont enrol i can be kicked out of the country
Any update?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day – Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20
    Undergraduate Open Day – Aldgate Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20
    Undergraduate Open Day – Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Aug '20

Are you registered to vote?