Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently 16 and i am doing 4 a levels, have 2 part time jobs and want to excel in my studies and see my boyfriend regularly. I am really struggling with managing my time as i’m doing 4 shifts minimum a week and then the 3 nights i’m not working i’m focusing on my studies leaving me no time for me. Can anyone help me with a way of managing my time more effectively?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am currently 16 and i am doing 4 a levels, have 2 part time jobs and want to excel in my studies and see my boyfriend regularly. I am really struggling with managing my time as i’m doing 4 shifts minimum a week and then the 3 nights i’m not working i’m focusing on my studies leaving me no time for me. Can anyone help me with a way of managing my time more effectively?
You sound both busy and committed to doing well in everything. A couple of suggestions, the part time jobs are useful for both money and experience, but your education and the opportunities it brings are for life. I would cut back on one of the jobs, particulalry night shifts.

The other bit of advice is be "good" not "perfect". One of the key problems we see with smart, motivated people, particularly young women coming to university is that they are perfectionists, and can end up heading towards a breakdown from trying to be perfect in everything they do, all the time. Learn to manage that now, dont try to make every aspect of your life perfect, chose the bits you really care about, just be ok / good at other things .
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are working far too much. You need to quit one of your jobs because your grades and your mental health are going to suffer if you keep up having two.

Do you really need to do 4 A-Levels? The vast majority of places only want 3 A-Levels so maybe re-consider if you can drop one of those as well.

If you aren't willing to do any of the above, then maybe consider that now is not the best time for a relationship. Studies are your priority. A relationship takes commitment, effort and can be time-consuming.

Something needs to budge - either your A-Levels, your job or your relationship. Because if you continue like this, you will burn out and it won't end well. I know you won't want to do anything like what I'm suggesting but from my point of view, you're doing too much and you need to cut back on at least one thing, if not two.

If you're really adamant about not changing anything, then the only way I could see you coping well is making a timetable and scheduling in time for yourself. It's a lot easier to see what time you have available if you visualise it, at least for me anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads