The Student Room Group

Clubbing freshers very confused

So I have no friends, how do I make friends. Also am I supposed to prebook a ticket for a club, I ain't going alone. I do want to go clubbing, been once was cathartic, plus I'm a belly dancer so I'm not uncomfortable with dancing.

Do I make friends (flatmates) ask if they wanna go and go upfront. Also what do you wear, I have this nice black sequin romper, but from photos I've seen crop top and jeans.
Reply 1
Send help?
Yeah just ask your flatmates to go out with you! :smile: Also about what to wear, I usually wear jeans/denim skirt and a nice top
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I have no friends, how do I make friends. Also am I supposed to prebook a ticket for a club, I ain't going alone. I do want to go clubbing, been once was cathartic, plus I'm a belly dancer so I'm not uncomfortable with dancing.

Do I make friends (flatmates) ask if they wanna go and go upfront. Also what do you wear, I have this nice black sequin romper, but from photos I've seen crop top and jeans.

Ask your flatmates what they have planned, join in with them and pres, attend any other pres of people you've made contact with be it course mates or friends for your flatmates. Everyone will be in the same position as you, so long as you're willing to talk and have fun, you'll meet a lot of people.

When I moved into my student house in first yr, since I was living off campus and in a house share with 3 others, we simply went to any pres held by our course mates (who we didn't know of, but saw on the course group chat). So when we attended those we talked to others, made connections, then later after the night out asked if they can contact us if they have any other pres or plans, and attended those. Eventually at the end of freshers week we already made quite a few friends.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah just ask your flatmates to go out with you! :smile: Also about what to wear, I usually wear jeans/denim skirt and a nice top

Should I just wait till I get there before booking tickets
your a woman, and a belly dancer at that. just show up and let the guys come to you.:smile:
Reply 6
They stared but only one made a move
I don't think clubbing someone is a good way to befriend them.
Reply 8
Original post by _Wellies_
I don't think clubbing someone is a good way to befriend them.

No one has agreed to that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending