Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Are there oral assessments in UK universities??
(Oral assessment is like an interview with the module's doctor who assess the student).
I'm an international student and was wondering about this as I had it in my home country
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on what you'll be studying. Languages degrees tend to (along with written & listening exams) as they need to assess your spoken language skills.
The nursing degree I've just finished had a couple of presentations to do as part of the course.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Depends on what you'll be studying. Languages degrees tend to (along with written & listening exams) as they need to assess your spoken language skills.
The nursing degree I've just finished had a couple of presentations to do as part of the course.
Thanks x, i'm doing a science degree.
I know that assessment involves presentations, but i'd like to ask if that type of oral assessment when you have to do an one to one interview is exists in UK universities?
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks x, i'm doing a science degree.
I know that assessment involves presentations, but i'd like to ask if that type of oral assessment when you have to do an one to one interview is exists in UK universities?
Only tends to be one at the very end related to your dissertation. Expect a lot of coursework and written exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads