Can I take Zoology PhD after taking Natural Science degree or Environmental Science? Watch

Pomona2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I would like to know as the university I am applying for doesn't do a zoology undergraduate degree and I can't go to a university too far away. Any answers appreciated
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pomona2000)
I would like to know as the university I am applying for doesn't do a zoology undergraduate degree and I can't go to a university too far away. Any answers appreciated
So are you planning to do your undergraduate and PhD at the same university?
Pomona2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
So are you planning to do your undergraduate and PhD at the same university?
Different universities, I can't leave family at moment due to personal circumstances so can only do an open university course as closest university is an hour away and would like do a zoology PhD or Animal science equivalent at different university in three years time when things should be sorted. I've done some research and can't really find any answers. If it's not possible then I will probably have to wait three years until undergraduate degree, maybe slightly less. I would like to start university soon though as I'm already a year behind.
Last edited by Pomona2000; 3 weeks ago
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Different universities, I can't leave family at moment due to personal circumstances so can only do an open university course as closest university is an hour away and would like do a zoology PhD or Animal science equivalent at different university in three years time when things should be sorted.
As long as your undergraduate degree is in a cognisant/relevant subject, then I don't see why it could be a problem.
Pomona2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
As long as your undergraduate degree is in a cognisant/relevant subject, then I don't see why it could be a problem.
Okay, thank you. I was a little worried that a biology focused course wasn't enough as there wouldn't be enough focus on animals. But if it's relevant then I hope a university will still accept me at postgraduate level as I do plan on getting some experience with animals by then. Thank you for your answers.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Okay, thank you. I was a little worried that a biology focused course wasn't enough as there wouldn't be enough focus on animals. But if it's relevant then I hope a university will still accept me at postgraduate level as I do plan on getting some experience with animals by then. Thank you for your answers.
If you can choose your modules at any stage, you can try to focus on animal-related ones. Also, if you plan to propose your own project for your PhD, you can choose the focus.
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The answer to you question is yes but OU degrees can take longer to complete.You might do better to wait until you can move away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (134)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
27.2%
Not great so far... (268)
35.73%
I want to drop out! (144)
19.2%

Watched Threads