Am I good enough for UCL ? The only uni I’m willing to go to Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If I’m not going to a top ten uni for business in my opinion there isn’t any worth for me to go.

With the access scheme that ucl has they will accept applications an ABB which I have

A business and B in chem and bio

Got a A in science additional and business at gcse
B in r.e geography and eng lit (6) and science core
5 in maths and eng Lang

To qualify for this I have to retake maths and try get a 7 which in it self will take a lot as I will probably need to go to a college which will defo feel like a step backwards for 6-8months

I can speak 4 languages. Been living in and have poor circumstances but when I called the admissions team for ucl they said

Me retaking gcse maths doesn’t really count as retaking as retakes are usually people who retake a levels which made 0 sense

Me speaking 4 languages but having no gcse to back that up don’t help my application apparently

I’ve been living in temp accommodation and have been through a lot but that won’t help my application according to the admission lady who picked up the phone

She recommended (even though she said she isn’t allowed to help but she did ?)

To do 2 AS courses along the maths but if I can’t afford to do as courses which I can’t. Just retake the maths

So me applying for information management at ucl through access scheme. Is there any point of me applying guys? This is the only top tier uni for business that will take me and a uni I’m willing to go to for the money we have to pay.

Please be honest, if I only retake maths and get a 7 and have a Strong statement do i have a good chance?
Vetadele
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know which languages you speak, but you could pass an official language level certification thingy? For instance the Goethe for german ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vetadele)
I don't know which languages you speak, but you could pass an official language level certification thingy? For instance the Goethe for german ?
I wouldn’t be able to. I speak English(fluent)a eastern European language(conversationalist) a Middle Eastern language (beginner)and a language where only a small percent of the population can speak Romanian gypsy (fluent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.39%
No (106)
73.61%

Watched Threads