The Student Room Group

NGDP 2019/2020 (Cohort 22)

Hey there! I thought I'd start a thread for those applying for the 22nd NGDP cohort because I haven't seen a thread started yet.

Feel free to post below to discuss applications :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi I have applied and completed the tests, surprised how your not given much time? so I am guessing we have to wait till January before you hear anything??
Reply 2
Original post by Stu76
hi I have applied and completed the tests, surprised how your not given much time? so I am guessing we have to wait till January before you hear anything??

Hey! Great to hear that you've also applied! It looks to be that way- such a long time to wait.

Not confident with my test results, I really struggled with the time limits, how do you think you did? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Popsbr123
Hey! Great to hear that you've also applied! It looks to be that way- such a long time to wait.

Not confident with my test results, I really struggled with the time limits, how do you think you did? :smile:

anyones guess, did about 24/14/13......over all the tests, look back at previous ones and that seems too be around the norm I think?? could be wrong though? LoL says on the site that most people can't finish the test...completely different to all the other tests I have done, probably the most difficult. especial with the amount of documents they expect yo to go through for the verbal, a bit overboard. good look! :-)
Reply 4
Original post by Stu76
anyones guess, did about 24/14/13......over all the tests, look back at previous ones and that seems too be around the norm I think?? could be wrong though? LoL says on the site that most people can't finish the test...completely different to all the other tests I have done, probably the most difficult. especial with the amount of documents they expect yo to go through for the verbal, a bit overboard. good look! :-)

That's pretty good! You beat me, I really struggled to be honest. I think I got 22/13/11, not holding out much hope 😂

Thank you, you too!
Reply 5
That's pretty good! You beat me, I really struggled to be honest. I think I got 22/13/11, not holding out much hope 😂

Thank you, you too!

you will probably have done better than you thought! like most things, its better to get the answers right compared to quantity. and there is always next year! :smile: but the long wait doesn't help, they could at least give you your score/feedback like most other tests, so it can give you an idea of where you are and what to expect.
Reply 6
just in case anyone hasn't seen this I found this in my email on the NGDP site. just incase other people didn't bother looking like me! lol

Outcome of your Application - This will be announced by 5pm, 28 January 2020.
Hey everyone! I just finished the tests and the timings were so limited. I bombed the motiontest I think I got to level 8 or 9, I didn’t even realise you could move the blocks up/down and sideways until like level 5.
Reply 8
Original post by firebolt999
Hey everyone! I just finished the tests and the timings were so limited. I bombed the motiontest I think I got to level 8 or 9, I didn’t even realise you could move the blocks up/down and sideways until like level 5.

Good Luck!:smile: I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I think most people will be in the same boat? I am surprised more people are no checking out this feed? I have applied to some schemes and this is the first thing people go to get advice/support/just see how things are going? does this mean not many actually apply to it?? :tongue:
Original post by Stu76
Good Luck!:smile: I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I think most people will be in the same boat? I am surprised more people are no checking out this feed? I have applied to some schemes and this is the first thing people go to get advice/support/just see how things are going? does this mean not many actually apply to it?? :tongue:

Thanks! Hope you do well. The Gov fast Stream forum is always full of people posting. This scheme isn’t that well advertised (at least I haven’t seen any for it) so maybe not a lot of people know about it 🤷🏼*♂️ I kinda hoping not a lot of people apply just so it might be easier to get on it 😅😂
Reply 10
Thanks! Hope you do well. The Gov fast Stream forum is always full of people posting. This scheme isn’t that well advertised (at least I haven’t seen any for it) so maybe not a lot of people know about it 🤷🏼*♂️ I kinda hoping not a lot of people apply just so it might be easier to get on it 😅😂

Yes, I am on the Fast stream too :smile: I only knew about this as started to apply last year and found it by mistake, but didn't bother doing the tests and pulled out. :P SO yes hope there isn't that many applications? hopefully give us a better chance? maybe? :smile::tongue:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
I found last year's NGDP thread really useful, so I thought it would be worth creating another one. The application deadline is really late so hopefully it'll be a bit busier towards then!

I've also applied to the FS 😊
I found last year's NGDP thread really useful, so I thought it would be worth creating another one. The application deadline is really late so hopefully it'll be a bit busier towards then!

I've also applied to the FS 😊

You’re right last years thread was super helpful. I’m also going to apply to Hertfordshire County Council graduate scheme if it opens this year.

Have you heard anything back from the FS yet?
Hi everyone, I’ve completed the tests but on the application status it still says invited to ngdp tests. Was wondering is everyone’s is saying this? Thanks!
Reply 14
Hi everyone, I’ve completed the tests but on the application status it still says invited to ngdp tests. Was wondering is everyone’s is saying this? Thanks!

I did the test a while a go, and yes it stayed like that for a week or two before it changed to completed and received :smile:
Original post by Stu76
I did the test a while a go, and yes it stayed like that for a week or two before it changed to completed and received :smile:

Okay thank you!
Hey guys, I also applied to the ngdp when it opened, one thing I found annoying about the test were in the practice you didn't have to open the data in another document so, you could actually look at the question and data at the same time whereas, in the real thing you couldn't so when I was reading the data I kept forgetting the question lol probably because I was stressed which took up a lot of my time...did anyone else feel the same way?

I'm not sure how I did overall, can't remember how many questions I covered, the gamified one was 50/50 I have to say, had no practice with that one.

I'm applying to the nhs management scheme at the moment , also applied to the FS found the tests really hard and just heard back that I was unsuccessful, but I was expecting that, oh well.
We will hear from the ngdp in Jan which is such a long wait, the nhs one is automatic progression... I hope I get one of the two as they are my top choices.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by James Smith 90
Hey guys, I also applied to the ngdp when it opened, one thing I found annoying about the test were in the practice you didn't have to open the data in another document so, you could actually look at the question and data at the same time whereas, in the real thing you couldn't so when I was reading the data I kept forgetting the question lol probably because I was stressed which took up a lot of my time...did anyone else feel the same way?

I'm not sure how I did overall, can't remember how many questions I covered, the gamified one was 50/50 I have to say, had no practice with that one.

I'm applying to the nhs management scheme at the moment , also applied to the FS found the tests really hard and just heard back that I was unsuccessful, but I was expecting that, oh well.
We will hear from the ngdp in Jan which is such a long wait, the nhs one is automatic progression... I hope I get one of the two as they are my top choices.

Good luck everyone!

Good Luck! I’m thinking the tests are more of a matter of how many you can get through/how many of them you get right, as I’d think it’s almost impossible to get through 32 questions in 12 mins or 18 in 6.
Good Luck! I’m thinking the tests are more of a matter of how many you can get through/how many of them you get right, as I’d think it’s almost impossible to get through 32 questions in 12 mins or 18 in 6.

Thank you....Good luck to you too!
I agree, it is impossible to answer all of them in the time given.
Lets see what happens!
I've started my application today and have also applied to FS and the NHS grad scheme. I have yet to receive the email for the online tests but should get it tomorrow or Monday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending