Are you taking part in the Global Climate Strike today? - TSR Goes Green! Watch

laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Tomorrow - Friday 20th September - is the Global Climate Strike, where people strike from schools to protest against the lack of work being done to prevent the climate crisis.
It is estimated that there are only 11 years until the damage to the world is irreversible from climate change, and students are understandingly annoyed and rallying (with peaceful protests) to change world leaders' viewpoints.

Are you taking part in a school/work strike tomorrow?

Find your nearest strike here, and find out more about climate strikes here :grin:
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Tomorrow - Friday 20th September - is the Global Climate Strike, where people strike from schools to protest against the lack of work being done to prevent the climate crisis.
It is estimated that there are only 11 years until the damage to the world is irreversible from climate change, and students are understandingly annoyed and rallying (with peaceful protests) to change world leaders' viewpoints.

Find your nearest strike here, and find out more about climate strikes here :grin:
Some of my friends are, I would like to
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. Gives the truancy officers something to do mind you.

londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Some of my friends are, I would like to
:woo: That's great!
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Nope
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Any particular reasons why? :yy:
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope and I hope those who do protest are not gonna disrupt traffic
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m already vegetarian and don’t use a car; there isn’t a great deal more I can do. I do wish the government would take it more seriously though
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It's pointless, population needs to decline to save the resources of the planet and other countries need to stop coughing out pollutants but as long as the west outsources their products to places like china that will never happen. But hey as long as we are all using paper straws to drink out starbucks we can all rest easy at night.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 4 weeks ago
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my bed says no.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I'm rather annoyed by the hysterical element, the 'fad' rebellion style mass activism and the disruptive tactics that 'Church of Environmentalism' adherents employ.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I'm rather annoyed by the hysterical element, the 'fad' rebellion style mass activism and the disruptive tactics that 'Church of Environmentalism' adherents employ.
:ditto:
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. I have better things to do than worship St Greta in a square whilst breaking the law.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'll be asleep then in the pub
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Nah, I have other important things to do rather than waste my time.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Because it’s a waste of time.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
my bed says no.
Many of them start around 11am
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many of them start around 11am
that's... still kinda early.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
It's pointless, population needs to decline to save the resources of the planet and other countries need to stop coughing out pollutants but as long as the west outsources their products to places like china that will never happen. But hey as long as we are all using paper straws to drink out starbucks we can all rest easy at night.
Only peasants use paper straws personally engraved silver straws are the way forward
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People have this thing called work, plus if students are doing it, aren't they essentially skipping education, fair enough protest peacefully but I don't a free with disrupting traffic or playing truant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
65.71%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
22.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed