I'm in year 11 in the uk and i have no notes for science (physics, bio, chemistry) as

Watch
newkid4003
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year 11 in the uk and i have no notes for science (physics, bio, chemistry) as well as english. It has been 2 weeks in Y11 and I'm scared of the amount of content I have to go through.

I just bought the cgp complete revision guide for physics and chemistry but I'm not sure if I should make notes of my own becuase that would take a very long time. I'm also unfamiliour with cgp books becuase I use active learn for edexcel science.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that what type of revision should I do. Should I not make notes becuase I already have them and just read it and then use question cards that I know cgp has for a subject or should I revise a different way. I'm not sure if spending all this time on making my notes by just copying the notebook will be entirelly usfull or if i should just make flashcards.

What would you do???

jackrey_nolds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn’t have any notes throughout the whole year, you don’t even need them for goes. Just read through the revision guide and learn it
Iqra_hussain216
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh I never even made notes
Personally for me they always seemed like a waste of time because we already had everything we needed to know on the cgp revision guide
If you actually retain all the information after making the notes, then go ahead and make them but if it seems like it’s just wasting your time don’t.
I used to learn the cgp revision guide off by heart page to page and then write everything I could remember until I covered everything on the topic I was on and then I’d make flash cards on the pages even if it was time consuming. Then I’d do exam questions from the cgp exam questions book you can get and online exam questions and then learn the marksheme off by heart on things you got wrong. Tbh gcse science is mainly about memorisation and understanding so You need to find a way of memorising the information rather than notes that are most probably already on your revision guide
ella.ab
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what usually helps me is condensing info from the cgp books onto flash cards,adding detail and colours and categorising each subject e.g. bio,chem,physics and whether it’s paper one or paper two topics. I would also advise looking at the specification for science on ur exam boards website as it gives you literally everything you need to know for gcse science. i’m in year eleven too and I feel your pain but honestly, try your best. attend every intervention and after school help session to get the best grade u can get. also, try many different types of revision such as watching videos, making flash cards, reading a textbook, explaining a topic to your relatives at home. this will make the info stick in ur brain longer. best wishes x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads