hagenmarz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm about to enter (final) year 3 of BA International Relations, and it appears diplomacy is in the cards for my eventual career. I know a bit of Mandarin Chinese, and generally interested in that part of the world. So I think taking Chinese as an MA would help not only for that China specialty professionally, but I'm interested in it personally as I said.

During the time between finishing my final year of my undergraduate studies and beginning MA , I think some time spent in the summer after my studies (since during seems hard to find, and not recommended here anyway) would be a productive use of my time.
So my questions would be if there there any summer internship places you would recommend?
Fast Stream does have the Summer Diversity Internship Programme, if you consider that relevant experience (2020 applications will open 26th September. At the moment, the web-page shows 2019 https://www.faststream.gov.uk/summer...hip-programme/) Other than that, I'm not sure.Any advice is greatly appreciated.
u97
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its a great internship to apply for, but its very very very competitive. Graduates, mature students, people who have worked for 10+ years all apply to the civil service, be in the summer one or the normal one or the diversity one. Not to put you off or anything, but its really competitive and hard to get into. Really hope you get in but I would also suggest exploring other avenues as well xx

(ps - im an IR grad wanting to pursue diplomacy as well xx)
hagenmarz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by u97)
I would also suggest exploring other avenues as well xx
Which other pathways would you think are also worth considering?
limellow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by u97)
its a great internship to apply for, but its very very very competitive. Graduates, mature students, people who have worked for 10+ years all apply to the civil service, be in the summer one or the normal one or the diversity one. Not to put you off or anything, but its really competitive and hard to get into. Really hope you get in but I would also suggest exploring other avenues as well xx

(ps - im an IR grad wanting to pursue diplomacy as well xx)
To anyone reading this, no they don’t. The SDIP is specifically geared towards uni student in their final 2 years so grads and people who have been in work for time can’t apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads