The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing a degree for the sake of it or is it best to do a degree you can

...get a career out of?
Reply 1
How are ye defining 'for the sake of it'?
Original post by Lostx
...get a career out of?

You really need to tell us more about yourself your situation , abilities and what your aspirations are.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
How are ye defining 'for the sake of it'?

A degree I would enjoy doing
Do a degree because you want to do a degree, not just because you can do a degree
Reply 5
Original post by Lostx
A degree I would enjoy doing

So are you asking if it's fine to do a degree you like rather than a degree that is vocational? Nothing wrong with it in my book, I did it
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
You really need to tell us more about yourself your situation , abilities and what your aspirations are.

I’m in my twenties, dropped out of uni when I was 18 due to mental health problems and haven’t been back since.

At the moment I am in a psychiatric hospital and I want to go back into academia. I thought if I do a degree because I enjoy it it would not be such a strain.
I have 3A* 8A 1B at GCSE, ABC ac A-level grades and AS-level grades.

My aspiration is to be a doctor or veterinary nurse.
Original post by Lostx
I’m in my twenties, dropped out of uni when I was 18 due to mental health problems and haven’t been back since.

At the moment I am in a psychiatric hospital and I want to go back into academia. I thought if I do a degree because I enjoy it it would not be such a strain.
I have 3A* 8A 1B at GCSE, ABC ac A-level grades and AS-level grades.

My aspiration is to be a doctor or veterinary nurse.

You need to be patient and get your mh sorted out because only then can your brain be in a healthy place so you can make important decisions, plus be able to cope. No need to give up on a career yet but you cant afford the breakdown. You only have limited funding. Are you happy to give up those careers? Focus on yourself and then review matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending