Its all starting to unravel for Trudeau Watch

Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
"A new video has emerged of Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, wearing blackface, a day after he admitted such behaviour was racist.Photos of two similar episodes came to light on Wednesday - one when he was a teacher and another when a student.In a fresh statement to reporters, he said he "deeply, deeply" regretted his behaviour.
The revelations come amid campaigning for the 21 October election, when Mr Trudeau hopes to win a second term. "

He's just had a news conference and two things stood out
1- He obviously knew this was all out there but didn't warn the party during the leader selection process
2-He refused to say if there was more than the three examples of him doing this so far exposed.
Its funny watching those on the left either studiously trying to ignore it(nothing to see.....move along) or doing their best to excuse it. " Its in the past its not him now".
I'm sure if it was Trump they would be saying the same thing.
Mmm
Apparently the fact that he was a 29 yr old teacher and not a teenager counts for nothing.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 3 weeks ago
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
People do stupid mistakes, it does not mean they need to have them shoved up their faces for the rest of their lives.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
"A new video has emerged of Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, wearing blackface, a day after he admitted such behaviour was racist.Photos of two similar episodes came to light on Wednesday - one when he was a teacher and another when a student.In a fresh statement to reporters, he said he "deeply, deeply" regretted his behaviour.
The revelations come amid campaigning for the 21 October election, when Mr Trudeau hopes to win a second term. "

He's just had a news conference and two things stood out
1- He obviously knew this was all out there but didn't warn the party during the leader selection process
2-He refused to say if there was more than the three examples of him doing this so far exposed.
Its funny watching those on the left either studiously trying to ignore it(nothing to see.....move along) or doing their best to excuse it. " Its in the past its not him now".
I'm sure if it was Trump they would be saying the same thing.
Mmm
Apparently the fact that he was a 29 yr old teacher and not a teenager counts for nothing.
Given his opponent is on record as saying "if a candidate has made racist or homophobic comments in the past (he) will stand by the candidate as long as they apologize and take responsibility for those comments" I don't think it'll have the effect you think it will.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This whole saga is so unbearably cringe worthy, but how I do love watching the Godfather of diversity squirm.
Palmyra
Report 3 weeks ago
He accepted responsibility and apologised.

Before you want to act like a victim-complex-imbued snowflake about 'double standards' you should ask yourself if Trump has ever been man enough to accept responsibility and apologise for anything.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Palmyra)

Before you want to act like a victim-complex-imbued snowflake about 'double standards' you should ask yourself if Trump has ever been man enough to accept responsibility and apologise for anything.
Trudeau is only apologizing to maintain his image as Saint Progressive. Trump doesn’t apologise because he has a backbone, and if he believes he’s done nothing wrong, then he has nothing to apologise for.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
Cant see it being that big a deal.

He has apologised.
It was a long time ago.
Culturally insensitive or stupid, but I dont believe anyone is saying he is a racist or they really need more evidence than this.
I am surprised/ bemused he would go to all that trouble twenty years ago. Looks stupid.
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Culturally insensitive or stupid, but I dont believe anyone is saying he is a racist...
What is he apologising for then? It's people like him who make it a racist matter, he's squirming in the web his own type create.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
What is he apologising for then? It's people like him who make it a racist matter, he's squirming in the web his own type create.
Because it is viewed as being offensive, given its history.
It is a potentially racist matter because racists have used it in the past.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because it is viewed as being offensive, given its history.
It is a potentially racist matter because racists have used it in the past.
Yes, it's viewed as all that by him and all his type who see a need for an apology for something. I think the fact that there is previous on this business of weaponising this type of thing is what makes it inescapable for him to have to do so in front of his congregation. He just has to, they are the ones who have criminalised what he has to apologise for. Lots of people find it totally irrelevant that he did what he is apologising for.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Yes, it's viewed as all that by him and all his type who see a need for an apology for something. I think the fact that there is previous on this business of weaponising this type of thing is what makes it inescapable for him to have to do so in front of his congregation. He just has to, they are the ones who have criminalised what he has to apologise for. Lots of people find it totally irrelevant that he did what he is apologising for.
Well if you find racism as irrelevant it comes as no surprise.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Trudeau is only apologizing to maintain his image as Saint Progressive. Trump doesn’t apologise because he has a backbone, and if he believes he’s done nothing wrong, then he has nothing to apologise for.
He doesnt apologize because hes a fatuous ass hat. Nevermind we all know he's a spineless jellyfish to boot.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well if you find racism as irrelevant it comes as no surprise.
It's more like I seriously dislike this leftist facet where the past is weaponised at any cost in order to remove enemies from their path, it is entirely within their construct that attending a fancy party decades ago blackened up is something that, if found out today, represents an offence that could cost someone a job or a career. We get it, he was racist back then but moved on.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
People do stupid mistakes, it does not mean they need to have them shoved up their faces for the rest of their lives.
I think the thing with Trudeau is if it was scandel number 1 (or 2 or 3) it would be easier to get beyond and just say it was a mistake, a young, dumb immature kid made and get past it.

But he has had scandal after scandal every couple months, not to mention his sheer arrogance and how unappetizing he is when you see the tapes of the Canadian parliament. I guess in a few weeks time the people of Canada will decide how suitable they think he is.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Slimy nepotism and bad leadership especially the whole SNC Lavalin affair
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Palmyra)

Other people have apologised, yet they have had careers taken from them. He has pushed this nazi-style cancel culture, so it doesn’t look good for him. I think he is a prime tw£t.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
It's more like I seriously dislike this leftist facet where the past is weaponised at any cost in order to remove enemies from their path, it is entirely within their construct that attending a fancy party decades ago blackened up is something that, if found out today, represents an offence that could cost someone a job or a career. We get it, he was racist back then but moved on.
It was offensive then as well. Only twenty years ago. Blackface has a history associated with racism. You seem to brush over racism whereas I think it should be addressed. What he has done isnt the worst thing in the world but its still something people then and now will find offensive.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
Other people have apologised, yet they have had careers taken from them. He has pushed this nazi-style cancel culture, so it doesn’t look good for him. I think he is a prime tw£t.
I just think he is an idiot as does he. More casual ignorant racism. the brown face i think is idiotic and I wouldnt be putting all that boot polish over my face. the blackface is more serious as it has a greater history and stronger direct links to racism. I dont think its a resigning matter though.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Slimy nepotism and bad leadership especially the whole SNC Lavalin affair
I dont disagree per-se but in fairness to them thats simply how business is done in certain countries. I mean, to take defence as a perfect example, almost all of those deals are done with kickbacks such as the Al-Yamamah deal as a case in point. I'm not saying its right but it is nevertheless a fact of life (especially when dealing with a failed state)
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bigbun141)
Now watch the lefty double standard. Because it's their little princess of dieversity*, they'll let it slip.

Anyone who's right of Stalin however? Well, it's mass shaming and economic castration for you - how dare you commit a crime against our ideology!

*yes, dieversity. As massive amounts of third world dieversity does indeed lead to more death of indigenous Westerners, based on the interracial crime statistics of every Western country
You created a new account just for that. Very sad.
Considering he is up for election, then the voters can make their minds up.
Theres a lot of hate in you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads